GoMeanGreen - NIL Deal Idea

Caw Caw

Okay, let's skip the part where I pretend I have any idea how this would actually work, but couldn't we crowdfund and sponsor an athlete or athletes collectively for the boards benefit? Is there a way start what's effectively an NIL Super Pac to give opportunities to UNT players? We wouldn't need to fund huge huge endorsements, but it would be cool to get in on the NIL. Maybe individually we all don't have lovelace or mattress mack money, but wouldn't it be great to provide opportunities for our athletes?

Services that could be exchanged could include post game interviews, recruiting process insights, merchandise, podcast guest spots, etc. Again i'm just throwing out an idea and would be willing to contribute. Maybe the highest rated recruit per class is offered the deal.

In the idea of fairness and blanket support would also like to reward the best female athlete at the boards discretion as well. Anyway, just an interesting idea to kick around.

GMG.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I don’t think the players should be reading this forum. To many people on here beating down individual players and coaches. 

I get what your saying, and it is not a bad idea, but half the posts on this forum are brutal. 

Just dumb opinion. All forums have criticism. If you don’t like it please move to China.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Your first three words are correct! Thank you for sharing! GMG 

So the idea is to sign a kid to an NIL to GoMeanGreen. The same forum that as soon as that kid has a bad game, has a blown play, or the team loses a game that the experts on this forum think they should win with just excoriate said kid to no end. He should not be on the field…he is awful…

just not a good idea. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

So the idea is to sign a kid to an NIL to GoMeanGreen. The same forum that as soon as that kid has a bad game, has a blown play, or the team loses a game that the experts on this forum think they should win with just excoriate said kid to no end. He should not be on the field…he is awful…

just not a good idea. 

I think the NIL at all schools are going to put a kid more so under a Microscope. “ You are getting paid you better do more” kind of a pro ball attitude.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I don’t think the players should be reading this forum. To many people on here beating down individual players and coaches. 

I get what your saying, and it is not a bad idea, but half the posts on this forum are brutal. 

Obviously, most of the players and all the coaches read this forum.

College athletes with all they go through, are more than able to read criticism. 

NIL and transfers rules are a horrible ideas, and mostly insure that the powers remain that way.

Having stated that, NT or any other school that wants to survive in this environment must find a way to stay at least competitive with the teams they primarily recruit against.  

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

19 hours ago, Quoner said:

Counterpoint - every adopt a player thread requires a personalized sponsorship of said player. Many of you can finally fulfill the dream of making those kids work for daddy (or mommy.) Also, if your student athlete outgrows your budget, someone else can roll in and take them from you. The intentional and unintentional comedy possibilities are endless and it will almost surely be my favorite season to date. 

I Like Swimsuit GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1