wbb UTEP vs NT

GrandGreen

They seem to lose confidence easily. It also seems to be a different issue each game. Turnovers killed us against WKU. Free throws have been an issue other times.  Defense has been an issue others.

The coaching term for this is "chasing the fleas around the dog". It is frustrating as a coach when you focus on a problem,  fix it, and then a new problem comes up or maybe one you fixed three weeks ago comes back.

I also wonder how much her assistant coaches leaving each year hurts the continuity of the team.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Unfortunately the wheels seem to have fallen off a bit. I had the chance to talk to her a few years ago at an away football game. She was just sitting in the regular North Texas section. She LOVES North Texas. I assure you no one is more disappointed than her with the way things are going. 

I’m so saddened and disheartened by this.  I have experienced the same in my visits with her.  She cares about this place so much and yet I also realize that she must be held accountable by Wren.   I just hate to see her have to go through the process that is coming.  She is an alumnus and we wanted her so badly to succeed. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

I wholeheartedly agree with Mean Green Matt and Greengal. I have spoken to her and it's obvious she really cares. Sometimes I wish that one of Grant's assistants would just go over and help her just for a little while until the ship can be righted. There was such a high expectation for this team this year and it seems nothing is working right now.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm assuming Jalie will be back next year? Though I imagine her seat will be red hot with the expectation of a top 5 finish in conference to keep her job. 

When/if the time comes to let her go, it will be difficult even in the face of obvious numbers and failed expectations.

Her seat will never be red hot.  She is too beloved and a Mean Green legend.

• Upvote 1

As much as we all love Jalie, I feel like it’s becoming obvious that she may not be the right person to bring the program where it needs to be. I truly hate to say that and want her to succeed but her leash shouldn’t be longer then anyone else’s just because she is an Alum

• Upvote 4

On 2/4/2022 at 12:28 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm assuming Jalie will be back next year? Though I imagine her seat will be red hot with the expectation of a top 5 finish in conference to keep her job. 

The "hotness" of coaches seats seems to corelate to when their contracts end