Disparity at La Tech

brooks91

On 2/4/2022 at 11:25 AM, untjim1995 said:

Can’t argue that.

We are the only FBS/FCS school that I’m aware that just flat out won’t even consider athletics to be the main window to the university. Won’t do it…whereas La Tech, a very proud program within a pissant university and region, puts all their pride into their sports.

I will be ready for all the negatives you can post and downvotes you want to give, but I don’t care about music or arts. I don’t watch the Green Brigade march because I don’t care. I only care about them playing music during the game, like the Fight Song and Alma Mater and whatever fanfare they play. Don’t care at all about anything else. Never have. Here’s the thing, I know I’m in the vast minority of UNT fans on this, but I also know that I’m in the vast majority of college football fans. Music and arts don’t draw eyeballs or dollars that equate to any measurable rate as compared to football and basketball. Misplaced values? Probably. Misplaced interest in North Texas? From a financial standpoint and a pride standpoint, there’s no argument—like none. 

Bill Hader Snl GIF

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Bill Hader Snl GIF

Still hard for me to believe we got in the aac and not tech. They may have overachieved with their budget and facilities but that has always impressed me. Nothing about usta impresses me, nothing. Our drive toward better facilities had to slide us in the move up. But cannot say the same for them. Pesky little sister…

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, kingwoodgreen said:

Still hard for me to believe we got in the aac and not tech. They may have overachieved with their budget and facilities but that has always impressed me. Nothing about usta impresses me, nothing. Our drive toward better facilities had to slide us in the move up. But cannot say the same for them. Pesky little sister…

I think it was the indoor practice facility quite honestly.  If we had not gotten that done we would be back in the Belch now!

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/4/2022 at 2:28 PM, Eagle71 said:

And just think, there once was a time when the weightroom and handball court under Fouts were good enough for NT to get Joe Greene, Steve Ramsey, Ronnie Shanklin, Cedric Hardman, Glenn Holloway, Barry Moore, Leo Taylor, James Ivey, Leonard Dunlap, Charles Beatty, Willie Parker....I guess the other schools just had worse facilities.   Oh, and bronze medalist, Bill Schmidt, all the way from PA to Denton.  

Fouts Field DieuZHRVsAEt4-i (2).jpg

Love this pic, but I do not miss Fouts Field.

Looks like Interstate 35-E is still new’ish.  I had a cousin from West Columbia, Texas, attending TWU when they put in I-35E.

North Texas probably had about 7,000 students when this photo was taken. 

• Upvote 1