UTSA (2/5/22)

UNTLifer

Just now, BillySee58 said:

Bell’s free-throw shooting form is just atrocious. Zero knee bend, all arms, just kind of catapults the ball without really aiming well. Often misses wide to the sides which is not supposed to happen on free throws.

His release tonight looks even more rushed and uncomfortable. I know that can happen…ball feels different leaving your hand day-to-day, but it’s not usually a visibly noticeable thing, at least not to this degree. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

His release tonight looks even more rushed and uncomfortable. I know that can happen…ball feels different leaving your hand day-to-day, but it’s not usually a visibly noticeable thing, at least not to this degree. 

Yes, very rushed. Making it harder on himself than he has to. Just needs someone to point it out to him. Easy to not notice when you’re the one in the moment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BillySee58 said:

JJ has been playing so well lately. Stud 

He is always good for a handful of defensive stops and a open 3 every game. His stats are not starter stats, but he plays smarter than just about anyone in the team. Last year I didn’t like him,  but this year he is proving me wrong with his defense alone. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He is always good for a handful of defensive stops and a open 3 every game. His stats are not starter stats, but he plays smarter than just about anyone in the team. Last year I didn’t like him,  but this year he is proving me wrong with his defense alone. 

The 3s have picked up big time. He was shooting 22% from three in non-conference play. He has been shooting 67% from three in conference play. He’s locked in.

He has always had big value on the defensive end. Being efficient offensively too is huge for us.

Edited by BillySee58

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

The 3s have picked up big time. He was shooting 22% from three in non-conference play. He has been shooting 67% from three in conference play. He’s locked in.

He has always had big value on the defensive end. Being efficient offensively too is huge for us.

Yeah I rarely see him shoot a contested three anymore. I honestly can’t think of the last contested 3 he took. It’s like 1 open 3 a game haha. 

• Eye Roll 1