247 Ratings

El Paso Eagle

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I wouldn’t call it a whiff.. they’ve grabbed some kids that could make some type of an impact immediately. I think we all would have loved for that big name QB or more depth pieces but I don’t hate what they have (so far). 

Robertson comes to mind, as does Trieb.
Nakwassah could definitely be in the 2-deep, and I definitely expect to see Maclin contribute some.
Excited to see what Smallwood develops into, but it may be a while before we see him between Blair & Carroll locking those OG spots down for the next few years.

I hope they can round out the class with the remaining 4-or-so scholarships with some solid JUCO/transfer dudes that can fill in areas of weakness.  We REALLY need to identify Tyreke's replacement for that Eagle spot if it's not Nakwassah.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Well as you probably know by now this change will not happen until next season so you can keep beating your drum but the natives are taking the spring and summer off lol!

Then Wren & Co. shouldn't be surprised when fan$ take the fall off!

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Robertson comes to mind, as does Trieb.
Nakwassah could definitely be in the 2-deep, and I definitely expect to see Maclin contribute some.
Excited to see what Smallwood develops into, but it may be a while before we see him between Blair & Carroll locking those OG spots down for the next few years.

I hope they can round out the class with the remaining 4-or-so scholarships with some solid JUCO/transfer dudes that can fill in areas of weakness.  We REALLY need to identify Tyreke's replacement for that Eagle spot if it's not Nakwassah.

I believe he said that will be his position. He played a similar role in HS and at UCA. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Wren knows more about basketball than he does about football. I know he's been involved with several winning football programs but his background is basketball. Is NT just part of his learning curve and he'll figure it out? If so...we're paying the price right now.

I don't think you need to know a thing about football to understand the state of the program.  He's here to be the strategic leader, and I worry he might be out of his depth in that area.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1