A&M $34m !!

Wag Tag

15 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

Probably a bit exaggerated but not much.

NIL is about to become far more important than facilities, coaching, early PT, conference affiliation, etc.  

At some point rules have to be put in place to prevent alumni/schools from buying players. It's free agency without a salary cap and it's going to destroy college football as we know it if nothing is done about it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the one-time free transfer rule revoked to prevent players from transferring to the highest bidder. The kids are getting paid now so I don't think anyone is going to feel sorry for them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

At some point rules have to be put in place to prevent alumni/schools from buying players. It's free agency without a salary cap and it's going to destroy college football as we know it if nothing is done about it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the one-time free transfer rule revoked to prevent players from transferring to the highest bidder. The kids are getting paid now so I don't think anyone is going to feel sorry for them. 

I’d like to see the transfer rules stay in place, with one LARGE exception.

Once you take NIL $$$ you lose your 1 free transfer

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

They are so good at it, that they bought Dickerson a Trans Am, he signed with smu and smu ended up on probation.

When my brother was at A&M in the early 80s they would joke about how you could tell when the NCAA compliance officers were coming around - one day the Cain Hall parking lot looks like a new car dealership (and yes, Trans-Am's were the car of choice) and the next day it was empty!