Updated NCAA Projections have UNT playing Bama

Coach Andy Mac

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

we have to win the tournament to get there.

I tend to agree with you.  The only scenario I can see getting an at large bid is losing in the CUSA Championship Game, finishing with a record around 25-6 (only two more losses) and still keeping our Net ranking where it is now or a little higher.

On 2/1/2022 at 12:18 PM, Talon90 said:

I tend to agree with you.  The only scenario I can see getting an at large bid is losing in the CUSA Championship Game, finishing with a record around 25-6 (only two more losses) and still keeping our Net ranking where it is now or a little higher.

We have no shot at an At-Large bid with 2 more losses. Even 1 loss might keep us out...

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/1/2022 at 11:44 AM, drex said:

Mountain West with four?  Give me a break...I have seen some of their train wreck teams play.

MWC is a 🐷 pigment of their own vivid imagination, but they will probably get an additional invite (NIT?)  because of their self-promotion—an art form Judy of CUSA never mastered).  

49 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Cbs has us as a 12 facing Iowa state. They also have their total bracketology breakdown and we are their second highest ranked 12. Their lowest ranked 11? Miami. Too bad the team couldn't pull out the win. We'd be an 11 and maybe on the way to a 10 seed. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

Screenshot_20220205-081957_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220205-082009_Chrome.jpg

Buffalo lose affects us a whole lot more than the Miami lose. Like in the NET had to drop us by now 10-13 teams down.

Also all this is based on us winning the conference and projecting we win all remain games except at UAB. Hopefully we win out either way. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

46 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Buffalo lose affects us a whole lot more than the Miami lose. Like in the NET had to drop us by now 10-13 teams down.

Also all this is based on us winning the conference and projecting we win all remain games except at UAB. Hopefully we win out either way. 

Yeah, clearly we have to win c-usa to make it in. Looking at the CBS bracket more closely, I actually like staying at 12 more than moving up to 11 or 10. The 4/13 match-ups are more favorable IMO if we are to win our first round game.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Yeah, clearly we have to win c-usa to make it in. Looking at the CBS bracket more closely, I actually like staying at 12 more than moving up to 11 or 10. The 4/13 match-ups are more favorable IMO if we are to win our first round game.

I think it would be nice to get to a 10 line and play in the Fort Worth Regional against Miami again.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

I think it would be nice to get to a 10 line and play in the Fort Worth Regional against Miami again.

I may be looking at it wrong but Ft Worth isn't hosting a 10 seed match-up. I wouldn't mind a rematch against Miami, though.

Now, if we can somehow win out while others ahead of us stumble down the stretch and sneak into a 9, we could play in Ft Worth. Win that 8/9 match-up and, per CBS, we would play Kansas, again, in Ft Worth. I think that would be awesome. Going to need a lot of people ahead of us to lose a few games. As always, our guys just need take care of business and see where the chips fall.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 5

On 2/5/2022 at 10:03 AM, GMG_Dallas said:

For what it's worth, if we start seeing predictions of North Texas being an 11 seed or better, then those prognosticators are placing us in the conversation for an at-large bid. 

• Upvote 4