Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

In defense of Seth


Recommended Posts

Don’t we owe some credit to Seth and Luke and others for identifying and developing the twins, brams Cam and others who have gone into the portal?  

Of course we would like to have had them stay.  But you can’t hold the entire staff responsible for the actions of the NCAA who allowed this portal mess in the first place.  

If you do want to hold them responsible, then shouldn’t we blame the entire NCAA not just the rules committee?  And if the entire NCAA is guilty, then isn’t this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? 

 

Edited by meangreen11
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Yes we've recruited extremely well. Losing these recruits reflects badly on our coaching staff. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Why do you think it reflects badly on the coaching staff.  There is literally nothing they can do to keep top tier teams from recruiting and signing players. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Why do you think it reflects badly on the coaching staff.  There is literally nothing they can do to keep top tier teams from recruiting and signing players. 

There's nothing the coaches can do to keep this from happening?   Are you serious?

How 'bout if the players believed in what they were building here, they likely wouldn't leave.   
Wonder why all of UTSA's best players aren't leaving?  There's literally nothing Traylor can do!    That's so weird!!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Umm... They could win...

 

58 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

There's nothing the coaches can do to keep this from happening?   Are you serious?

How 'bout if the players believed in what they were building here, they likely wouldn't leave.   
Wonder why all of UTSA's best players aren't leaving?  There's literally nothing Traylor can do!    That's so weird!!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!

You two have it if NT played for the national championship every year, they could cut down the amount of transfers. 

A basic assumption is that you cannot change the past.  

 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:


How 'bout if the players believed in what they were building here, they likely wouldn't leave.   
Wonder why all of UTSA's best players aren't leaving?  There's literally nothing Traylor can do!    That's so weird!!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!

Well, currently in the transfer portal rankings, we rank ahead of UTSA.  We have lost 12 players, 1 grad, 2 starters, 1 penal system, 7 hadn't sniffed the two-deep, and 1 (Stout).  We have picked up six players to date.

nutsack has lost 8 players and gained 4

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Well, currently in the transfer portal rankings, we rank ahead of UTSA.  We have lost 12 players, 1 grad, 2 starters, 1 penal system, 7 hadn't sniffed the two-deep, and 1 (Stout).  We have picked up six players to date.

nutsack has lost 8 players and gained 4

Try listing those 3 out again with a little more honesty.    Not just some "grad", and not just 2 "starters".  These were 3 of NT's very best players.

And Stout was wise to leave because if anyone was paying attention, they could see the guy was one of our best cover corners... yet wasn't allowed to start/play.   That's why he got picked up quick by WKU.

You're right about Simpson and the others though.  No sweat.   These are the kinds of guys UTSA is losing.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Try listing those 3 out again with a little more honesty.    Not just some "grad", and not just 2 "starters".  These were 3 of NT's very best players.

 

How was I dishonest.  Brammer was a multi year starter that graduated.  He was one of 22 OL named CUSA Honorable Mention all-conference. 

Grayson Murphy was HM all-conference, who along with Gabriel, were great edge rushers for us.

In my humble opinion, all of the above are replaceable.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Well, currently in the transfer portal rankings, we rank ahead of UTSA.  We have lost 12 players, 1 grad, 2 starters, 1 penal system, 7 hadn't sniffed the two-deep, and 1 (Stout).  We have picked up six players to date.

nutsack has lost 8 players and gained 4

UTSA is a very old team compared to NT.  It seems to me the eligibility left has a lot to do with the desirability of a transfer.

UTSA starters last year on the offense and defense included 14 srs and grads, 6 jrs, 1 so and 1 fr.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

How was I dishonest.  Brammer was a multi year starter that graduated.  He was one of 22 OL named CUSA Honorable Mention all-conference. 

Grayson Murphy was HM all-conference, who along with Gabriel, were great edge rushers for us.

In my humble opinion, all of the above are replaceable.

Lol.  I guess they are.   I mean, technically we could grab a Freshman art student out of Bruce Hall, suit him up on Saturdays, and ask him to "replace" Brammer.   That doesn't mean we have someone who can replace their production at a level we would expect from all 3 going through another offseason with the team.

We shall see.   Fingers crossed.

  • Upvote 4
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

Don’t we owe some credit to Seth and Luke and others for identifying and developing the twins, brams Cam and others who have gone into the portal?  

Of course we would like to have had them stay.  But you can’t hold the entire staff responsible for the actions of the NCAA who allowed this portal mess in the first place.  

If you do want to hold them responsible, then shouldn’t we blame the entire NCAA not just the rules committee?  And if the entire NCAA is guilty, then isn’t this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? 

 

Really, we can't trust our eyes on the going on's with football. We have to defend Seth, really?

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

There's nothing the coaches can do to keep this from happening?   Are you serious?

How 'bout if the players believed in what they were building here, they likely wouldn't leave.   
Wonder why all of UTSA's best players aren't leaving?  There's literally nothing Traylor can do!    That's so weird!!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!

I mean, at least we’ve got a 3TD advantage over them to work with.  😉

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Well, currently in the transfer portal rankings, we rank ahead of UTSA.  We have lost 12 players, 1 grad, 2 starters, 1 penal system, 7 hadn't sniffed the two-deep, and 1 (Stout).  We have picked up six players to date.

nutsack has lost 8 players and gained 4

I'm afraid to look.  Did we get 6 more QB's that'll never see the field at UNT?

  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Graddean said:

Georgia has lost 8 players to the portal with none coming in.  Alabama has had 15 players hit the portal while picking up 3.  Even top tier teams are not immune to what is happening. 

Kirby Smart and Nick Saban need to gain control of their programs.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2022 at 10:28 PM, meangreen11 said:

Don’t we owe some credit to Seth and Luke and others for identifying and developing the twins, brams Cam and others who have gone into the portal?  

Of course we would like to have had them stay.  But you can’t hold the entire staff responsible for the actions of the NCAA who allowed this portal mess in the first place.  

If you do want to hold them responsible, then shouldn’t we blame the entire NCAA not just the rules committee?  And if the entire NCAA is guilty, then isn’t this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? 

 

Blame everyone else and retaining a mediocre head coach?  This is EXACTLY why in over 25 years of FBS football the Mean Green has underachieved. 🙄. All the G5 schools that have surpassed our team’s accomplishments during that time have the exact same challenges and some have/had more challenges than UNT.  I just listened to a segment of about National Signing Day on 1310 The Ticket. The most dominant sports radio station in the North Texas market.  And the Muser’s morning show has 2 UNT Alumni.  They mentioned every FBS school in DFW area plus the regional Big 12 schools, and Deion Sander’s FCS school.  They didn’t mention UNT because they know their market doesn’t care about mediocre/bad UNT Football.   SMU will kick our ass.  Excuses and blame shifting is the go to response for losing programs.  If you want to win you self evaluate and make the painful choices that pushes your team in the right direction.  If we are going to do this crap let’s start a campaign to hire Jason Garrett.  At least then our mediocrity will be news worthy  for 2 seasons. 🤦🏽‍♂️

  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2022 at 1:05 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Lol.  I guess they are.   I mean, technically we could grab a Freshman art student out of Bruce Hall, suit him up on Saturdays, and ask him to "replace" Brammer.   That doesn't mean we have someone who can replace their production at a level we would expect from all 3 going through another offseason with the team.

We shall see.   Fingers crossed.

Because that is what we would have done had he just decided to graduate and move along with his life?  This is your argument? I mean are 14 teams in CUSA which would equal 28 starting offensive tackles. Add in starting guards and you double this to 56 and then add 14 centers gets us to 70 starting OL in conference.  Ten of these were first and second team and 22 were HM meaning 46% of starting OL's were some sort of all-conference.  Let's hope we have someone ready to step in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.