UTEP (2/7/22)

CMJ

8 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Technically we don’t have any sophomores in the rotation 

huh that is correct, I suppose I really meant roster - but even breaking it down, I'm just wrong, haha. I think they just talked about Jones and Abou a couple times.

Freshman

• Scott
  • Mattu
  • Mckeon
  • Morgan
  • Stone

Sophomore

• Jones
  • Abou
  • Zephir

Junior

• Perry
  • Browne

5th Year

• Mcbride (Senior, really)
  • Bell
  • Murray
  • Wright
  • Simmons

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Technically we don’t have any sophomores in the rotation 

Couldn’t Perry be a sophomore… with his Covid year. If he chooses. Still wish they just added that to everyone. In 2 years it’s going to be even more confusing lol. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

double digit win was really needed there… Great win, but we need to rack up the double digit wins to keep our rating up. 

so just to be clear… people don’t actually care about an at large bid or seeding for the dance… because margin of victory is taken into account and the difference between a 9 and 10 point victory bigger than it seems… I’m assuming the 10 or so people who reacted don’t want the team to succeed. Go head over to the football boards… 👍

I don’t even have to energy to respond the way I wanted, but this is ignorant as hell. UTEP isn’t UTSA.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, denton_days said:

huh that is correct, I suppose I really meant roster - but even breaking it down, I'm just wrong, haha. I think they just talked about Jones and Abou a couple times.

Freshman

• Scott
  • Mattu
  • Mckeon
  • Morgan
  • Stone

Sophomore

• Jones
  • Abou
  • Zephir

Junior

• Perry
  • Browne

5th Year

• Mcbride (Senior, really)
  • Bell
  • Murray
  • Wright
  • Simmons

McBride didn’t come back for a COVID year last year, he still has 1 more I think. I might be wrong.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

3883, thought it be a bigger crowd parking was full and a long line to get in.  I thought it would be packed when I walked up.

Students coming and going from classes made the parking lots look extremely full. 
I also expected more, but it wasn’t too bad.

• Upvote 1

Margin of victory up to ten points is one of the things the committee looks at.  However, I feel like it probably isn't factored into things much unless they're evaluating two teams that played a common opponent.  Obviously I don't think beating UTEP by eight instead of ten is gonna cause us a seed line.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

But what about a loss to Buffalo?  

Does the committee penalize teams that don’t play a deep rotation?  

What about schools that don’t monitor whether students sit in season ticket holder seats?  Does the committee factor that in?  

I’m really concerned that we’ll be held back by these things…and if you don’t agree, I suggest you GTFO of here and hang out on the women’s soccer board! 

Aroused The Office GIF

Andrew when McCasland brings in Stone during games to make it an 8 man rotation

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Great tough win! JJ Murray gets the “Hot Fry Georgie Player of the Game” for his lockdown 2nd half defensive effort on Bieniemy  That dude looked like he could get whatever he wanted in the first half - then nothing once JJ was in his hip pocket.

Ousmane and Bell continue to impress.

The other big plus to Murray's game is he has become money on the spot up three.  I used to feel like our offense was playing four against five many times, but now J.J. is making opponents pay if they ignore him.  His shooting percentage since the Sam Houston game is pretty unreal.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

But what about a loss to Buffalo?  

Does the committee penalize teams that don’t play a deep rotation?  

What about schools that don’t monitor whether students sit in season ticket holder seats?  Does the committee factor that in?  

I’m really concerned that we’ll be held back by these things…and if you don’t agree, I suggest you GTFO of here and hang out on the women’s soccer board! 

Well, if Tony Benford was still our coach, we wouldn’t have to worry about any of this, now would we??///Andrew

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The other big plus to Murray's game is he has become money on the spot up three.  I used to feel like our offense was playing four against five many times, but now J.J. is making opponents pay if they ignore him.  His shooting percentage since the Sam Houston game is pretty unreal.

100%. The fact that Perry, Drez, Jones and Murray can all act as snipers from deep makes the offense dangerous. Ousmane and Scott sucking defenders down to the in the paint is allowing for those kick outs and ball rotations getting our best shooters clean looks. 

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

double digit win was really needed there… Great win, but we need to rack up the double digit wins to keep our rating up. 

so just to be clear… people don’t actually care about an at large bid or seeding for the dance… because margin of victory is taken into account and the difference between a 9 and 10 point victory bigger than it seems… I’m assuming the 10 or so people who reacted don’t want the team to succeed. Go head over to the football boards… 👍

Yes, a double digit win would be nice, but we should really be focusing on the loss to Kansas, if we had beat them, we would be in a much better position

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

3883, thought it be a bigger crowd parking was full and a long line to get in.  I thought it would be packed when I walked up.

I have season tickets and always enter through the Northeast entrance. I have not encountered a line of more than 3 or 4 people in front of me. I noticed last night that the concession stand at that entrance was closed, it was open last Saturday.  I assume they were expecting a smaller crowd than Saturday.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

I had the Varsity Network dialed in through two different devices, one for the Mean Green team and one for the Miner team.  Two things:

1) UTEP and UNT have the best broadcast teams in the country.  Really love ours, and have always loved Jon Teicher.  I grew up listening to him in El Paso.  That's not hyperbole: he's been the Voice of the Miners for over 4 decades.

2) The UTEP stream had no delay.  I thought it was curious that, over the same internet app/stream, Miner broadcast was exactly in sync with the ESPN+ broadcast, but our's had a 3-5 second delay.  Maybe someone in radio can explain why or how this happens.  I'm just curious.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, keith said:

A line to get in is sometimes a good thing and sometimes a bad thing.  On the one hand it shows high demand on the other it demonstrates an organization ill-prepared for success.  We had 3,813 for a venue that holds 10K+.  Entry should be fast and efficient.  It should not result in a long line to get in or they are going to turn away fans at the door.  What's going to happen when 6-7,000 people want to attend?  These are little things with a big impact.  Sometimes it seems like big crowds at UNT sporting events are treated a nuisance rather than a goal.  We can do better.

There needs to be more concession stands open on 2/26 or it’s going to be very frustrating for people and they won’t want to come back. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1