UTEP (2/7/22)

CMJ

Great game, UNT looked eager to battle it out in a tough game. UNT is known to go to the 3 when they get behind, but it wasn't happening tonight, good to see the team go for a different look and continue to drive the ball inside the lane. It shows we don't rely on just 1 thing, making adjustments to our style when we need to. UTEP is a good team with some standout players. Free throws need to be worked on, we can build leads and maintain confidence if we make more of our free throws.

• Upvote 3

Maybe the best overall game Bell has played for us in his career. 

Abu was also played well although he has to start finishing around the rim and hitting is free throws.  

JJ with his usual lock down defense and great hustle plays.

McBride just being solid, hitting big shots and attacking the rim.

Jones was also extremely solid.

Perry didn't get his usual points but ran the point well.

Scott was a little off tonight, but he is going to be something special.

Love this team.  Even when it is close I just have this feeling that everything is alright and we will take care of business.

Mac needs to go back to the black and green Jordans.  They are money.  Didn't want to have to blame this one on his change of shoes.

Rest up and let's go beat Rice.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Golding is fantastic.  Personally, I'm disappointed that Miner BBall isn't joining us in the AAC but I get it, football and money drive this thing.

The flip side is, Golding might have that thing really rolling in a couple years and I'm relieved we won't be around to see it.

We should continue to play UTEP.  Always a good game.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Very fun game. If you could measure and plot the crowd energy and atmosphere on an axis, it’s come a long way since the holiday break. I think I heard three songs during the second half released after 2017, so we’re seeing growth all over the court. 

I've always laughed at the music choices. Every time I think surely it must be someone in their mid 30s, re-living hits from their prime. 😂

• Upvote 1