'23 CB Offer: Caimon Mathis; Desoto: No Composite Rating

UNTLifer

• 9 months later...
38 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh HECK yes!!  Thumbs Up

Welcome aboard Caimon!  Thumbs Up

… wonder if dad would mind joining the new staff in some capacity. Thumbs Up  He’s an RB by trade, but could possibly Coach another position (I’d hate to lose Cobbs, although I bet with his years of experience playing STs in the NFL, I bet he could be ST Coordinator?). Are you drunk?  Cobbs needs to stay put, although I would like to see him move up.

Comments in bold above

Edited by UNTLifer

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Agree, I just don’t think we need 2 RBs coaches.   But I think Pat could do STs.

Pat either needs to stay put, as he has done an unbelievable job with our RB room, or be elevated.  I don't think a move to ST's is considered a move up.

• Upvote 3

On 11/22/2022 at 12:33 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh HECK yes!!

Welcome aboard Caimon!

… wonder if dad would mind joining the new staff in some capacity.  He’s an RB by trade, but could possibly Coach another position (I’d hate to lose Cobbs, although I bet with his years of experience playing STs in the NFL, I bet he could be ST Coordinator?).

Kids didn’t exactly follow him to SMU a few years ago. Caimon took a vicious shot to the head a few week ago against Duncanville. Refs didn’t rule targeting. I’m sure he had a concussion. Not sure if he’s returned. Good player but awfully small at this time. 

Edited by Cooley
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Cooley said:

Kids didn’t exactly follow him to SMU a few years ago. Caimon took a vicious shot to the head a few week ago against Duncanville. Refs didn’t rule targeting. I’m sure he had a concussion. Not sure if he’s returned. Good player but awefully small at this time. 

Looks like a good player.. but yeah we need to get size at dB in the portal

This is a terrific pickup.  I hope that he puts on 15-20 pounds before he steps on the field.  I believe that S&C will make that happen.  If he has had a serious concussion I doubt that his Dad would allow him to continue.  I love the fact that we beat SMU and UTSA as well as a host of P5 schools for his service.  Eat 'em up, Mr. Mathis, cornerback is a position of great need.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

why does it feel like we're competing more with tx state than utsa for recruits

UTSA pretty much has their class signed, sealed, and delivered.  Texas State is in the same boat as us, a new coaching staff putting together a recruiting class after early signing is over.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

• 2 weeks later...