Murphy gets offer from Penn State

jperg2

I don’t get the point of posting this topic.  I wish all the athletes who contributed here well.  It would be different if we were coming off a great season with depth behind them that was already challenging them for the starting position.  Can we find something else to talk about or leave this in topics already posted? 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Wow, things are looking up.”

”That’s very impressive.”

I’m sorry, but what is so good about the Murphy twins leaving UNT?

Not good, but as a G5 we better get use to it. They not leaving cause of Seth or Bennett. They are leaving to play at a school like Penn State. Wouldn’t be surprised if they move back to linebacker.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

17 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Just wondering, when some of you got dumped or broke up did you still wish them well and buy them gifts. Can't understand why some of you seem to be so giddy for undergrads that leave us. 

If the Murphy's want to buy me dinner, take me dancing, maybe take that extra 10% on the last kiss of the night... Then catfish me, sure.

Otherwise I will not blame someone for taking a promotion. You'd do it at your job.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

18 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Just wondering, when some of you got dumped or broke up did you still wish them well and buy them gifts. Can't understand why some of you seem to be so giddy for undergrads that leave us. 

If she dumped me for a younger Brad Pitt, maybe I would realize that it wasn’t my fault.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

So they had no future staying at UNT?  Maybe getting a degree at UNT?  I don’t know…..maybe I’m old fashioned and will never get used to the portal, players transferring at will.  Did I mention that I don’t like it one bit?

The Portal and NIL are intentional measures enacted by the elite to not just separate the haves from the have nots but to insure never again will a so called G5 ever be able to rise to or compete at their level. 

For this reason along with poor decision making from the AD concerning an incompetent head coach, I’m out. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, NT80 said:

How do you know?   What about the commitment they signed to UNT?   Leaving says a lot of things.

Keep in mind we are living in the age of post modernization. A man’s word, handshake or even a contract have little or no value in today’s world.

Its all about self, what’s best for me. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, NT80 said:

How do you know?   What about the commitment they signed to UNT?   Leaving says a lot of things.

You old timers are so weird. This is happening all the time outside the NCAA too in the business world. If I get a better opportunity somewhere, its about furthering myself. Leaving doesn't say anything about them. If Seth Littrell got a better offer, he'd do what's best for his family, not what's best for North Texas. Think about your current role in your job- wouldn't you go somewhere else for higher pay/exposure/opportunity?

Also I'd rather get the chance to play for a National Championship that for a 6-6 team that lost in a made up bowl to a MAC team. I don't fault them at all. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

29 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Keep in mind we are living in the age of post modernization. A man’s word, handshake or even a contract have little or no value in today’s world.

Its all about self, what’s best for me. 

I'm sure you've never done something that was in the best interest for you or your family.

It's a frustrating time for G5 fans. I think some rule changes are necessary or you're going to see many programs question the point of being part of a minor league system. At least lower league football clubs (the European kind) get comped when their breakout players get loaned, sold to larger teams. I surely hope that's not where we're heading with CFB.

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

30 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

You old timers are so weird. This is happening all the time outside the NCAA too in the business world. If I get a better opportunity somewhere, its about furthering myself. Leaving doesn't say anything about them. If Seth Littrell got a better offer, he'd do what's best for his family, not what's best for North Texas. Think about your current role in your job- wouldn't you go somewhere else for higher pay/exposure/opportunity?

Also I'd rather get the chance to play for a National Championship that for a 6-6 team that lost in a made up bowl to a MAC team. I don't fault them at all. 

Especially when it's obvious the coach is no longer hungry and is content with the way things are instead of trying to bring in top tier talent, exactly as their father spoke up about. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1