Promotions - Getting DFW to The Super Pit

greenminer

On 1/31/2022 at 3:04 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I would say we get Andrew to go out in the town and promote UNT, but I have a feeling the Buffalo loss and 7 man rotation would be brought up… lol

If the AD pays me… sure…. 👍

I will happily take a salary job. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Is there a link to buy the tickets? I don't get these emails. 

https://meangreensports.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AMB21%3AMP2%3A&linkID=unt-athletics&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MBMP&cgc=&dataAccId=668&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_unt-athletics

@emmitt01 and @Emmitt's mother in law - please tag your seats so we can all plan accordingly. 

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quoner said:

Thanks. I'd never seen this website. When I look up "unt basketball tickets" on Google, I get stubhub or https://meangreensports.com/sports/2018/7/25/mensbkbtickets.aspx

Which doesn't bring me to a place to buy tickets. It has season ticket info and then says season tickets will go sale fall 2021. That's it. No link, nothing. 

I counted and the website you put I'd 7th in my Google search. I'll send the school a message on social media to see if they can work on that. Google search makes it seem like you can only get tickets through a resale website or the ticket office.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

On 1/30/2022 at 10:30 AM, Matt from A700 said:

Others have mentioned that RA's need to be getting their floors to the game. But there's not as much pride in the dorm floor you live in compared to the frat or sorority you're in (referencing Greek Week). What incentivizes a dorm floor to have more presence than another floor? When I was a freshman at Kerr Hall, my only complaint (besides the S'mores flood) was the scarcity of laundry machines. Maybe the university can spare each week's winning floor some extra flex dollars (if those are still a thing)?

Promoting games should be in the RA's job description. Why not the teachers too? I remember we had a teacher who made a deal where he would give +2 points on a test if we attended the football game. I understand that not every teacher is this passionate and would probably have an issue with the incentive, but why can't the athletic department collaborate with the 100s of other departments at the university to establish champions to promote games.

Edited by DemolitionDan
  • Upvote 2

Need to make things more exciting at the Pit and part of this is on the folks that are actually there.  The only time there is any crowd noise is in the last two minutes of a close game or maybe during a comeback.  People need to be yelling their asses off every time the other team has the ball, from the opening tip-off.  Students try, but get no help from the rest of the crowd.  If that place was rockin', I think more students would go.

• Upvote 2