UNT       8-1 - .889 15-4 .789 8-2 5-0 W7 0-1 0-1
UAB       7-2 1 .778 17-5 .773 12-1 4-3 L1 -- --
La Tech  7-2 1 .778 16-5 .762 11-2 5-2 L1 0-2 0-2
UTEP     5-3 2.5 .625 12-8 .600 8-3 4-4 W4 0-1 0-1
Rice      5-4 3 .556 12-8 .600 7-2 4-4 W1 0-1 0-1
USM      1-6 6 .143 6-14 .300 3-5 1-9 L3 -- --
UTSA     1-8 7 .111 8-14 .364 7-7 0-7 L1 -- --

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

I'm not going to say I stopped watching when we were down 17... But feeding the kiddo became the bigger priority. So when I looked back to see we were down four I want going to talk to anybody about it.

Unbelievable win. These guys are crazy. I hope the pit is rocking for the next home game.

Same. I went to the dog park to take my mind off of it. Then looked at my phone to see we had the lead with 4 secs left. I looked for anyone to talk to about it, not seeing any regulars, mentioned it to one woman...who was listening to the game on the way to the dog park lol!

• Upvote 3

This was an amazing win. Such a special team. So many good things to say, but every game I have a little sadness knowing this is Bell's last year. That is going to be a HUGE void to fill. 

On the flip side, I don't see how any professional team wouldn't want to have a player like him on their team. He does everything. #utility

• Upvote 4

How awesome was this one?  I know y'all will laugh at this but why can't Wren ask Grant to take over football and basketball for us?  I mean it worked for Ted Lasso!  Seriously Grant is everything we could have ever hoped for and more.  So proud to be an alumnus tonight!

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Really disappointed tonight that NBC 5 showed highlights of at TCU beating LSU and SMU beating Temple. Not one mention of our game versus La Tech…

we are like the relative no one talks about with the DFW media.

Did you catch the media guy say Grant won't be in Denton long. He is a great coach.............

Edited by southsideguy
  • Pissed 1

41 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

we are like the relative no one talks about with the DFW media.

Did you catch the media guy say Grant won't be in Denton long. He is a great coach.............

And he may not be.  

I love North Texas (sometimes against all logic) immensely, and I want to believe we will reach the “potential” that we always talk about.   But @FirefightnRick and I were discussing yesterday as we drove home from Ruston* that Grant must look up during home games and see the CBI and Conference Championship banners…and then see the 1/4 full seats.  And then he must consider “I make about a third of what a guy with ZERO hardware (SL) makes.”  

No matter who you are and how good you are as a coach, you can’t recruit top talent or make great strides without the proper fan and admin support.  I sincerely hope all of those on this board who say “I sure hope we can keep Grant” are also saying “just bought my basketball season tickets and gave to the MGSF.”  And I sure hope our NT athletics promotions department has more future creativity than sending a ticket promotion by email to people who already attend games.  

*Look up how often La Tech loses on their home floor in the last half decade.  

• Upvote 7