Now we find out why Brammer really left

Jonnyeagle

I do understand that bigger schools get more scouts and an increase in draft potential but I had the understanding that if you were a "Baller", "Brawler" or a "Hogmolly" then the scouts are going to find you and you will work yourself into the League. 

I appreciate his dedication here and wish he would stay here to protect our wobbly QB position but I wish him the best. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/28/2022 at 4:12 PM, Cr1028 said:

Fair or not, there is a perception about us and a tackle making first team all conference for us is regarded as lesser than a second team all conference tackle from WSU. I wish it weren’t the case but it is. Jacob Brammer did his best while here for 4 years of competition as did Cam Johnson. To lash out at them for wanting to try the P5 level for a free year they were never supposed to have is childish and selfish. Get mad at the Murphys all you want but Brammer put in his time and should be wished the best and respected.

Show me the lash out statements you are referring to .   

I think the closest maybe when I stated it is how he plays not where he plays that matters as far as his chances at the next level.  An unarguable statement it seems to me. 

I doubt most have any animosity at all to those who leave.   It is their choice to make. 

I do think that the current rulings in favor of the individual versus competition will have a very bad effect on sports and will make the G5 conferences even less important than in the past.   

NIL and one time transfer rulings have the potential to end any vestige of fair competition in the NCAA D1 level.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

Show me the lash out statements you are referring to .   

I think the closest maybe when I stated it is how he plays not where he plays that matters as far as his chances at the next level.  An unarguable statement it seems to me. 

I and I doubt most have any animosity at all to those who leave.   It is their choice to make. 

I do think that the current rulings in favor of the individual versus competition will have a very bad effect on sports and will make the G5 conferences even less important than in the past.   

NIL and one time transfer rulings have the potential to end any vestige of fair competition in the NCAA D1 level.  

I was referring to this. I don’t think you said anything wrong.

2 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

His play will determine his future, not who he plays for.  

Have enjoyed his play at NT and hope he continues to excel. 

If he, or others move on for one last year, there is a good chance if they get an opportunity for professional football it will not be based on that last season - Example Rico Bussey - Hawaii had nothing to do with him getting the opportunity.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Fair or not, there is a perception about us and a tackle making first team all conference for us is regarded as lesser than a second team all conference tackle from WSU. I wish it weren’t the case but it is. Jacob Brammer did his best while here for 4 years of competition as did Cam Johnson. To lash out at them for wanting to try the P5 level for a free year they were never supposed to have is childish and selfish. Get mad at the Murphys all you want but Brammer put in his time and should be wished the best and respected.

Don't have a problem leaving as a Grad Transfer - But to imply that is his only chance to make the NFL is BS

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 7

30 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Don't have a problem leaving as a Grad Transfer - But to imply that is his only chance to make the NFL is BS

It is not his only chance but it gives him a better chance. Washington State has had 3-4 O-linemen drafted in the last decade while we have had none so obviously the NFL gives them a better look at P5 than us. Cyril Lemon and Antonio Johnson were great but had to go UDFA as did Jeff Wilson, Nate Brooks, Kemon Hall, Jalen Guyton, amd Ladarius Hamilton. We have to prove that we have a steady crop of NFL talent before we will get a fair shake in the draft. Jaelon Darden had to set the world on fire just to get a look in the 4th round. It isn’t fair but it is what it is.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I might get roasted for this, but I thought Fine should have transferred his final year if he had the chance. There were rumors of Miss St., and him excelling there would have given him a big boost for a chance to play at the next level. 

The reason he did not get a shot in the NFL was due to his height. I don't think transferring would have solved that

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The reason he did not get a shot in the NFL was due to his height. I don't think transferring would have solved that

He beat the odds here, and while doing that in CUSA is great doing it at the SEC is a whole different thing. I'm in no way saying it's a guaranteed conclusion, only that going to the SEC and doing what he did here would have greatly improved his chances. A quarterback deemed too small for FBS leading an underdog team through the SEC? Yeah, he'd be the media darling faster than you can blink. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

It is not his only chance but it gives him a better chance. Washington State has had 3-4 O-linemen drafted in the last decade while we have had none so obviously the NFL gives them a better look at P5 than us. Cyril Lemon and Antonio Johnson were great but had to go UDFA as did Jeff Wilson, Nate Brooks, Kemon Hall, Jalen Guyton, amd Ladarius Hamilton. We have to prove that we have a steady crop of NFL talent before we will get a fair shake in the draft. Jaelon Darden had to set the world on fire just to get a look in the 4th round. It isn’t fair but it is what it is.

As stated earlier, the NFL finds you. Washington State isn’t the reason those 3-4 got drafted. Brammer is a good CUSA offensive lineman. I don’t care where he goes, I don’t see him getting drafted. That’s not a shot at him for leaving. That is based on his ability. If the NFL is his dream, then I hope I am wrong. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

So we aren’t labeling anyone who leaves a “quitter” anymore?   Just trying to keep up with the stance we hold together as members of goneangreen.com.  

😉

Well, scholarships used to be called commitments.  I'm not sure what they are called now.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2022 at 12:27 AM, UNTLifer said:

As stated earlier, the NFL finds you. Washington State isn’t the reason those 3-4 got drafted. Brammer is a good CUSA offensive lineman. I don’t care where he goes, I don’t see him getting drafted. That’s not a shot at him for leaving. That is based on his ability. If the NFL is his dream, then I hope I am wrong. 

What team are you scouting for in the NFL. 

Historically,  the NFL drafts approximately 20 OL in a year.  Invitations are extend to other OL individuals to try out during camp.  If invited to NFL combine the statistics become critical and separate players.  For example bench press, 40 yard running time, height weight... Brammer came to UNT weight 270 now 300, benching 225 pounds 30 times and squatting 500+. 

NFL teams generally have 8 to 10 OL in roster and practice squad.  The videos of his play at UNT is impressive.  Brammer for the last 2 years almost always graded out as the top performer.  He may have given 2 up sacks in the last 2 years.  Stats always outweigh our personal opinions.  Hope the best for the young man.  I look forward to a time if he makes it to Sunday he gives a shout out to UNT.  Then the NFL may take a closer look at the Mean Green program.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Bolo said:

What team are you scouting for in the NFL. 

Historically,  the NFL drafts approximately 20 OL in a year.  Invitations are extend to other OL individuals to try out during camp.  If invited to NFL combine the statistics become critical and separate players.  For example bench press, 40 yard running time, height weight... Brammer came to UNT weight 270 now 300, benching 225 pounds 30 times and squatting 500+. 

NFL teams generally have 8 to 10 OL in roster and practice squad.  The videos of his play at UNT is impressive.  Brammer for the last 2 years almost always graded out as the top performer.  He may have given 2 up sacks in the last 2 years.  Stats always outweigh our personal opinions.  Hope the best for the young man.  I look forward to a time if he makes it to Sunday he gives a shout out to UNT.  Then the NFL may take a closer look at the Mean Green program.

That is just a weird statement, Brammer or any other player is not going to effect how the NFL views NT.   

I would be very surprised if Brammer makes it at the next level, but I hope he does.  

• Upvote 1