2022 Season Tickets

jtm0097

5 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Jumping on and off the ship does not do the program any good. 

Supporting this program does me absolutely no good and is definitely not my top priority. There are activities that bring more joy than sitting in a 75% empty Apogee stadium with poor connection, crappy sound system and lousy team play. I don't worry about what is good for North Texas, WB or SL, only worry about me and my family. I am sure you can understand my stance. 

• Upvote 9
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 5

39 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Jumping on and off the ship does not do the program any good.  We have a leader here who makes calculated decisions based on many factors.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why the support of the basketball team is not better.  But this is how it is in Denton.  We just have to keep adding people and keep building, there is no other way.

Our athletic director understands the consequences of going backwards in football, that is we we didn't didn't get caught off guard and we are going to the aac.  There are so many moving parts right now.  NIL, transfer portal.... I admire the patience to not get trigger happy and to understand how this is going to all play out.

I will say this over and over again, because it bears repeating.  The money we donate to the mean green scholarship fund directly impacts young people getting an education that they otherwise cannot afford.  The actual tickets to the football game are a small part of my outlay to North Texas Athletics.

If one kid graduates and moves on to greater things, then it is all worth it.  I want to win as much as the next person, I travel to away games, I have followed this thing over a cliff on many occasions, only to be let down, but I sleep at night knowing that there are countless people that have finished degrees, started companies, started families that my donation money have helped.

I am not stopping.  I am going to do my part to the best of my ability, and I have faith that when the leadership in this university thinks it is time to make hard decisions, they will.  Anyone who has ever been in business has hired and fired people.  It is not easy.

As for now, we have a very special group playing and coaching basketball.  Best to enjoy that while it last, because there is a very strong possibility that it is fleeting.....

So blindly follow and shut up. "They" know more and understand this and us "little" people don't? Perhaps if "they" were held accountable we could stop hear the "Sleeping Giant" crap and actually see a University with 40K+ students and massive amounts of Alums thrive in football.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Look, a system that was broken for years is finally working for the players at least a little, and the rich will capitalize off it. The main issue is that the non-rich programs don't even get paid when they develop players. Just sign contracts, and if a kid wants to leave his agent has to get some team to buy him.

I mean the rich schools can just buy players now and then buy players they didn't buy the first time for free. It's laughable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

How many people are actually thinking about not renewing their tickets for this upcoming season?

I have seen a lot of people comment that they are done with UNT. However, I imagine a lot of these people will still lurk the board and show up at games. I will be the first to admit, I am on the fence about renewing. Sadly, UNT Football is like a bad habit. I always get down on the team, and then I suddenly get optimism and renew my tickets. 

raise-hand-right.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

How many people are actually thinking about not renewing their tickets for this upcoming season?

I have seen a lot of people comment that they are done with UNT. However, I imagine a lot of these people will still lurk the board and show up at games. I will be the first to admit, I am on the fence about renewing. Sadly, UNT Football is like a bad habit. I always get down on the team, and then I suddenly get optimism and renew my tickets. 

You live in Temple so I dont blame you. Its a big ass commitment to drive all that way 6 times a year to watch your teams dumpster fire. 

I sadly, live in Denton so I am here through thick and thin. Guess I need to buy stock in Jim Beam to get me through the next couple years 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So blindly follow and shut up. "They" know more and understand this and us "little" people don't? Perhaps if "they" were held accountable we could stop hear the "Sleeping Giant" crap and actually see a University with 40K+ students and massive amounts of Alums thrive in football.

There are many ways to increase pressure on the AD, and communicate messages with him. Phone calls, emails, petitions, meetings.

a big drop in donations definitely puts pressure on them to question what they are doing, but this is not a “blindly follow and shut up” scenario.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, flyonthewall said:

Jumping on and off the ship does not do the program any good.  We have a leader here who makes calculated decisions based on many factors.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why the support of the basketball team is not better.  But this is how it is in Denton.  We just have to keep adding people and keep building, there is no other way.

Our athletic director understands the consequences of going backwards in football, that is we we didn't didn't get caught off guard and we are going to the aac.  There are so many moving parts right now.  NIL, transfer portal.... I admire the patience to not get trigger happy and to understand how this is going to all play out.

I will say this over and over again, because it bears repeating.  The money we donate to the mean green scholarship fund directly impacts young people getting an education that they otherwise cannot afford.  The actual tickets to the football game are a small part of my outlay to North Texas Athletics.

If one kid graduates and moves on to greater things, then it is all worth it.  I want to win as much as the next person, I travel to away games, I have followed this thing over a cliff on many occasions, only to be let down, but I sleep at night knowing that there are countless people that have finished degrees, started companies, started families that my donation money have helped.

I am not stopping.  I am going to do my part to the best of my ability, and I have faith that when the leadership in this university thinks it is time to make hard decisions, they will.  Anyone who has ever been in business has hired and fired people.  It is not easy.

As for now, we have a very special group playing and coaching basketball.  Best to enjoy that while it last, because there is a very strong possibility that it is fleeting.....

Yep spot on.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

You live in Temple so I dont blame you. Its a big ass commitment to drive all that way 6 times a year to watch your teams dumpster fire. 

I sadly, live in Denton so I am here through thick and thin. Guess I need to buy stock in Jim Beam to get me through the next couple years 

There's another Templeonian round here?!  Get at me @jtm0097!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Bravo, we have plenty of examples of other programs without our resources surpassing us.   And in 2021 we were reduced to celebrating “ruining” UTSA’s perfect season as the signature achievement.   The leadership should be demanding the type of season we “ruined” before handing out big extensions.  We should never be begging coaches to take/honor an upper 1/3 G5 contract when they have zero conference titles, zero 10-win seasons, and zero bowl wins.  

[When a coach dangles an offer from a mid-tier P5 program like KSU, remind him UNT, when comparing resources of conference rivals, is a big fish in a little pond and that isn’t the position KSU has in the Big 12.  Offer him a 100k loyalty bonus if he stays and wish him well if he leaves and cash that buyout check coming.   Now if he gets an offer to go to a top tier P5 team, celebrate with him and help him pack.]

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenPatriot said:

Supporting this program does me absolutely no good and is definitely not my top priority. There are activities that bring more joy than sitting in a 75% empty Apogee stadium with poor connection, crappy sound system and lousy team play. I don't worry about what is good for North Texas, WB or SL, only worry about me and my family. I am sure you can understand my stance. 

This is exactly how I feel.

I stopped donating and buying season tickets after the Tony Benford disaster. Haven't looked back, haven't regretted it one bit.

If there is reason to jump on the bandwagon, it will be easy to do so. I had no problem buying tickets for NCAA tourney games in Indy without donating. We all know that they can't give away tickets for the bowl games. Want to go to a random football or basketball game? Buy tickets at the door.

If you personally don't feel like donating or buying season tickets brings you joy, then the best thing you can do for yourself and your family is to back away. It's not worth it.

If you want to fund scholarships for students that can't afford an education, there are myriad other ways to do that outside the athletic department.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I will be there next year a Proud season ticket holder.  I am not happy but I love our University and I support our players and they deserve it.  I graduated in 1980, Hayden Fry and Bill Blakely, what a time, it was fun, I want our current students to feel pride in their University, including it's athletics.  Football is the king and frankly the only sport that is lacking, we are doing well pretty much across the board.  

If you do not buy season tickets for football next year then give that money to the MGSF, they can use it.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Well shuck my corn, misread the name, HAHA. 

It happens when your eyes are still swollen from crying and watching your #1 team implode 

Hahaha it's alright. Temple, The Colony close enough. UNT and the Cowboys have caused enough pain to my eyes over the years, that I could go blind.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Hahaha it's alright. Temple, The Colony close enough. UNT and the Cowboys have caused enough pain to my eyes over the years, that I could go blind.

You might be doing other things to go blind or at least that's what my mother told me when I was younger to keep me from......... 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

What's frustrating is we have a HC who has shown the past few years he doesn't know how to use the transfer portal to his advantage, while our biggest rivals (SMU, UTSA) have used it to great success. 

I wouldn't label firing Littrell after 3 straight losing seasons as being "trigger happy". And I think we all know how Littrell's time at UNT is going to play out. We're going to limp to a 4-5 win season in 2022 and we'll start our time in the AAC in complete rebuild mode under a new HC. I don't think there's been a season with this little hope since 2010 (Dodge's last year). 

• Upvote 5