DRC breaking news -- UNT set to hire Randy Clements as OL coach, shift Mike Bloesch to QBs

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC breaking news -- UNT set to hire Randy Clements as OL coach, shift Bloesch to QBs

It's amazing. For a coach on the hot seat, I expected Seth to try and knock it out of the park with a homerun QB coach hire and blaze a recruiting trail. Yet here he is, making lazy hires, losing our best talent and replacing them with non-D1 quality players, and acting like a coach that doesn't care. The state of our program is embarrassing.  Bet we got 1-3 in our OOC schedule next year. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

This is disappointing. I get the feeiing Bloesch doesns't want to coach OL! This was the chance to hire a younger coach that had played ball at the higher level with streets cred. A Choice type hire had to be out there. Clements is solid for OL.

This is not against Clements. It would be one thing if we had strong QB play and development - WE HAVE NONE!
What, by any stretch qualifies MB to be a QB coach? Tired of Seth's arrogance - You can tell he fees untouchable by his actions. But hey, Seth and Wren are getting paid - Screw the fans.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, GreenGang45 said:

Seth is a joke. I’m sure he had a chance to get a quality qb Coach but here he go with another lazy hire. I don’t even think he interview . He just goes by connections 

Unless you are currently unemployed why a quality QB Coach take a one year challenge to work wonders with talent poor QB room and an unknown commodity as the OC?   Because if you don’t work wonders you won’t get to year 2.   This is akin to taking the Texans HC job last year.

• Upvote 2

*whispers* I don’t HATE it. 

Here’s the deal, any QB coach worth a damn was not going to come here without assurances that Seth would be here long term. And I think we all agree barring a miracle, he won’t. Have to imagine that Quinn (if he returns) will be heavy involved in QB coaching. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1