My Pick To Save UNT Football (WREN PLEASE READ)

TheReal_jayD

If Morris doesn’t have a 5 star QB son graduating soon would you even consider him?  I think there is no way you would.  It’s like us hiring Dodge and then getting Riley (4*) to come with him.  Morris’ defenses at smu and UA were about as bad as Dodge’s UNT defenses.

Does Morris even want to coach college ball again?

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Tbh most of you wouldn’t have given Jeff Traylor a look prior to UTSA.. 

Nope!  Hired because of his high school connections and background.   We have been down that road, twice.  One week into his new 10-year contract extension UTSA gets blitzed by Seth, lol.  I doubt he is at UTSA in 5 years.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Nope!  Hired because of his high school connections and background.   We have been down that road, twice.  One week into his new 10-year contract extension UTSA gets blitzed by Seth, lol.  I doubt he is at UTSA in 5 years.

He has many conference championships as we have the last 20 years. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Besides failure, the players at Arkansas were not "fond of him" and quit to get him fired.

Exactly!! Morris would be the worst thing for NT to do. I’d rather have Seth for another season than get Morris. That’s saying something 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

5 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

If Morris doesn’t have a 5 star QB son graduating soon would you even consider him?  I think there is no way you would.  It’s like us hiring Dodge and then getting Riley (4*) to come with him.  Morris’ defenses at smu and UA were about as bad as Dodge’s UNT defenses.

Does Morris even want to coach college ball again?

Morris is Arkansas’s Todd Dodge, so this is a fitting response. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

11 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

People keep bringing up Chandler Morris...   I suppose y'all don't know he wouldn't be able to transfer here and start right away anyway, right?   He's already moved twice.   If he came here, he'd have to sit.

Nope, waivers still happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Big Z said:

Yep

Or if you want to keep being mediocre and like eating bologna sandwiches the rest of your life….then go right ahead.

Hey, I like baloney sandwiches!  Nothing like a Boar’s head slice of baloney on white bread with miracle whip!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1