Breaking news (updated with story): Murphy brothers enter transfer portal

Brett Vito

13 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Nothing changed from 2020, culture still isn’t great, coaches (Littrell Mainord etc) are still airheads who won’t change their ways, and other stuff that makes this program a disaster.

Where are the Littrell apologists now? We know y'all are out there. What an absolute joke this program has become. Content with mediocrity, no effort whatsoever to improve or bring in new talent or fresh ideas. And some of y'all thought this team could win 10 games next season. I will literally throw a party the day Littrell is fired. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Where are the Littrell apologists now? We know y'all are out there. What an absolute joke this program has become. Content with mediocrity, no effort whatsoever to improve or bring in new talent or fresh ideas. And some of y'all thought this team could win 10 games next season. I will literally throw a party the day Littrell is fired. 

We will be very lucky to win 3.  I am calling 2. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

We really haven’t had much of an issue with this, honestly. The vast majority of guys we have lost were players who were not starters or even rotational players. Then we have lost guys like Brammer and Cam Johnson who were starters but already played 4 seasons for us and only had an extra season because of COVID. 

This is definitely much more of a leaving a sinking ship situation, like you mentioned, than it is that schools recruit our players or that there’s no point in developing high school players anymore.

Sinking ship could be true, but I think you are wrong to believe these kids haven’t been contacted by other schools. They have options in their hip pocket. Screw developing HS kids!

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Their dad on Twitter is cracking me up. The comeback to them having a lot of personal foul calls? “Not 1 penalty in a close game”. Haha if that’s how you wanna look at it. Gotta laugh to mask pain sometimes. 

Sad that they probably have that same attitude/mentality. Struggle when football is done. 

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Sinking ship could be true, but I think you are wrong to believe these kids haven’t been contacted by other schools. They have options in their hip pocket. Screw developing HS kids!

I’m not saying it has never happened, just that it isn’t some epidemic that is causing us to lose good young starters.

Name another player besides the Murphy twins who we signed out of high school, they became a starter as an underclassman, then a bigger program poached them away before we got to enjoy them as upperclassmen.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Coach_1976 said:

Screw developing HS kids. You are nuts. Yes I’m little biased. My son worked to graduate early from HS to enroll early. He is working his tail off with the team.. You develop your whole roster. If they leave have a player ready to step up. Players have to be ready. Don’t screw any player that wants to play..

Thank you sir for your sacrifices and your sons hard work. G5 have always been short on depth. We will not be able to stop schools from cherry picking our team either by offering a better conference or what could be more damaging is NIL money. The portal is going to become more important for schools like ourselves.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

I’m not saying it has never happened, just that it isn’t some epidemic that is causing us to lose good young starters.

Name another player besides the Murphy twins who we signed out of high school, they became a starter as an underclassman, then a bigger program poached them away before we got to enjoy them as upperclassmen.

History is dead. This is now the transfer portal and NIL money. We better be able to adjust and quickly.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Wag Tag said:

History is dead. This is now the transfer portal and NIL money. We better be able to adjust and quickly.

You can’t name one because it hadn’t happened. The transfer portal has been around for 4 years now. The ability to not sit out a year after transferring has been around for 2 years. And you can’t attribute this transfer to NIL money. There has been no NIL deal signed. This is all just conjecture based on buzz words with no evidence.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

36 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Their dad on Twitter is cracking me up. The comeback to them having a lot of personal foul calls? “Not 1 penalty in a close game”. Haha if that’s how you wanna look at it. Gotta laugh to mask pain sometimes. 

Embarrassing that we have fans that would talk trash to him on Twitter. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

You can’t name one because it hadn’t happened. The transfer portal has been around for 4 years now. The ability to not sit out a year after transferring has been around for 2 years. And you can’t attribute this transfer to NIL money. There has been no NIL deal signed. This is all just conjecture based on buzz words with no evidence.

The portal has never been this big until now,  NIL money and monies raised for NIL payouts has not happened until now. The publicity or social media isn’t about HS players it is about transfers. This is real time evidence!!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Siggers?

• Downvote 2

They are going to WVU, watch. In the farewell post they referenced Jeff Koonz who hasn’t been with us since 2018 and is now coaching at WVU with newly hired OC Graham Harrell. My gut says we are selling off the good parts of the car before we strip it down and find new a new owner. Truly disgusting if true.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Cr1028 said:

They are going to WVU, watch. In the farewell post they referenced Jeff Koonz who hasn’t been with us since 2018 and is now coaching at WVU with newly hired OC Graham Harrell. My gut says we are selling off the good parts of the car before we strip it down and find new a new owner. Truly disgusting if true.

Wren is only one to blame if he let's it get that far. Seth never should have made it past the bowl game. But after recruiting was a complete bust should have been enough. Now exodus of our future. We have a big problem.  Also notice our recent offers are not D1 talent worthy by majority. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

The portal has never been this big until now,  NIL money and monies raised for NIL payouts has not happened until now. The publicity or social media isn’t about HS players it is about transfers. This is real time evidence!!

It would be foolish to stop emphasizing high school players. The caliber of players we are talking about (UNT starters) have struggled to get any real NIL money thus far. At schools like UNT or at bigger name programs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2