Breaking news (updated with story): Murphy brothers enter transfer portal

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, Venson said:

I tend to think this has more to do with them being selfish. As a Steelers fan, they bring Antonio Brown to mind for me. They are all about self. I do not think they are leaving because of SL despite what their dad said about not bringing in talent. That was just an excuse. They even thanked SL in their parting tweet. However, they did not thank PB or any of the guys that came with him. Like Antonio Brown, they don't want to be told their crap stinks when they make mistakes or have stupid penalties because of a lack of discipline. PB would not tolerate their crap so they want to leave. Not saying we won't miss them, but I am asking is it worth keeping them if they are a cancer? Guys that were decent that wanted to be coached are not leaving. Our best defensive guy, who is KD Davis, hasn't said he wants to leave. That's because he wants to be coached. The twins just want everyone to do to them what they have probably always done to them since they were kids and that's tell them how good they are and just let them get away with stuff because they are good. When I see PB trying to coach up the defense on the sideline and they are completely not paying attention, that told me what I already knew. That's just my honest opinion.

I mean sure, but wouldn't you want to see that mental growth and maturity that is inevitable (because there's not many Antonio Browns) in a green uniform over the coming years? I would've liked to see it. Imagine them both bookending a DL with a couple more years of mental and physical maturity. A scary notion, one we'll never get to see. 

• Upvote 4

Venson speaks the truth.

Thank you twins for the cheers through the years but these men have been praised and given allowances all the way back through their Friar years.  Always wish my Black & White and Mean Green fellow alums success.

Excited to see PB assemble players that will crush through walls for him - open to learning coaching and growth. Not saying the twins didn’t and weren’t these things but could see how they might not have been. 

Play up and let’s have another good run and more fun in ‘22.

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

55 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Lots of speculation in your post not to mention sour grapes.  

The twins leaving will be a big loss for the program and I fail to see how any fan would not recognize this. 

You are right that it's pure speculation, but isn't that what we all are doing? As far as a big loss, I even said that I am not saying we won't miss them. I am just asking is it worth keeping them if they are a cancer? I do suggest that maybe they were a cancer. Antonio Brown was not worth keeping with all of his talent because he was a cancer. If the twins are the same, then it's not worth keeping them because as good as they are, if they bring the team down then it's not worth it. They can't win by themselves. Again I give you that it is all speculation. As far as sour grapes, I am not upset at all. I just ask if they are a cancer. If they are, good riddance. If they are not, then I hate to see them go. None of us really know. All we can do is speculate about what we see and how we feel about it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NM Green said:

Excited to see PB assemble players that will crush through walls for him - open to learning coaching and growth. Not saying the twins didn’t and weren’t these things but could see how they might not have been

If PB can get the defense to perform better this coming fall, we will all forget about the fact the twins transferred. He was able to get a tremendous amount out of a defense that was not recruited to play his style of defense. Those were guys recruited to play Ref's defense because Bowen didn't change from what Ref did. So like you, I am excited to see what PB does with guys he brings in and wants to play for him and be coached.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Venson said:

If PB can get the defense to perform better this coming fall, we will all forget about the fact the twins transferred. He was able to get a tremendous amount out of a defense that was not recruited to play his style of defense. Those were guys recruited to play Ref's defense because Bowen didn't change from what Ref did. So like you, I am excited to see what PB does with guys he brings in and wants to play for him and be coached.

How was Bowen and refs defense the same ? Ref defense was multiple just like PB. Bowen was strictly 3 down 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dentonborn79 said:

The straw that broke the camels back,the nail in the coffin...biggest fear regarding unt football has manifested .sad sad day in mudville!!

Be careful GMG friend.  Our compadres on here do not allow any grieving over such a huge part of our squad.  Instead they endeavor us to see the bright side of the situation and blame outside forces.  Some of them even are taking a Josh Greet knee and thanking the departing ones for their gracious act.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I mean sure, but wouldn't you want to see that mental growth and maturity that is inevitable (because there's not many Antonio Browns) in a green uniform over the coming years? I would've liked to see it. Imagine them both bookending a DL with a couple more years of mental and physical maturity. A scary notion, one we'll never get to see. 

Not at the expense of ignoring their coaches, etc.  Make exceptions for a few alienates the remainder of your players. 

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

UCLA Football Offers Twin North Texas Edge Rushers Gabriel, Grayson Murphy

https://www.si.com/college/ucla/football/ucla-offers-twin-north-texas-edge-rushers-gabriel-grayson-murphy

Our football program has now become like a floating whale carcass.  Great white sharks (P5 programs) are feeding on it and taking the best pieces out of it.  Sad.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 1