DRC: Brammer enters portal after developing into anchor for UNT's offensive line

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

No lies detected.

Not an accurate tweet when you examine who we lost.  Brammer hurts, but If you go by their ratings, we replaced him with Asenuga that was more highly rated.  The rest...just effects depth and can be replaced.  Also, our 247 transfer page shows that we lost Kody Fulp on December 8th. Hmmm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Not an accurate tweet when you examine who we lost.  Brammer hurts, but If you go by their ratings, we replaced him with Asenuga that was more highly rated.  The rest...just effects depth and can be replaced.  Also, our 247 transfer page shows that we lost Kody Fulp on December 8th. Hmmm.

If you look at offers, he didn't have much as a transfer. But that's the going theme for Seth and Co this yr

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

Brammer had 30 plus starts at the FBS Level. Asenuga had 1. This loss definitely hurts the OL.

Not to mention, one is the most important guy on the OL (Brammer - Left Tackle), and the other guy is coming in as an interior OL, which we're already pretty stacked at (Carroll, Mose, Blair)... we're losing an important piece, and gaining interior depth.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, meangreen11 said:

He would not be leaving if he was happy where he was.  Quit coming up with excuses.  Your job as HC and AD are to minimize these types of defections which are bad for morale.  The stupid NCAA is going to kill this game we all love.

Really?  Maybe he wants the chance to play at a P5 since it is obvious he had been talking to the coaches at Washington State.  Did you feel the same way when Hope Trautwein graduated and decided to transfer to OU for her extra year?  It appears to be the same thing.

I agree, losing a 30 game starter is a big loss, but at the end of the year Brown was playing left tackle and Brammer was on the right side.  It may have been that way all year, but I don't remember and the participation reports just list them as OL.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

In the Portal Age it is so easy for players to leave that there could be any reason, large or small. I know many of us are frustrated with Seth, myself included, but looking at players entering the portal is a way of life. Indiana has lost 25 players to the portal, there are hundreds and hundreds of players still in the portal and more joining daily. Schools like Clemson and Alabama have 10+ players leaving so it is happening everywhere and sometimes the coaches involved might have very little to do with it.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Really?  Maybe he wants the chance to play at a P5 since it is obvious he had been talking to the coaches at Washington State.  Did you feel the same way when Hope Trautwein graduated and decided to transfer to OU for her extra year?  It appears to be the same thing.

Same with Cam Johnson. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

No, it's just being pushed down to G5.  We'll be the farm system for P5.

It's so funny...   lots of folks on GMG.com see it this way.   

You guys see it the way you do because we've utterly struck out on guys who we've brought in so far, while losing some pretty good players along the way.

You know who DOESN'T see it that way?   SMU, who is constantly bringing in game-changing transfers that instantly make them better (including one of our very own guys!)   Heck, with all of their transfer portal hits, they likely see it as a farm system for them.   

We need to be able to identify, and win over the guys in the portal that can produce for us instead of continually taking guys who can't upgrade their position over what we already have.

• Upvote 6
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2

I mean is it really that bad when we have a super senior use their extra year to play p5? We used to aspire to be a coaching stepping stone like Arkansas State. Would it be the end of the world if we got a higher caliber of player for 3 years than a pretty good for all 4? Maybe this is a way to grab better recruits by saying they can make a name for themselves early and the go on with their Mean Green experience.

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1

26 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I mean is it really that bad when we have a super senior use their extra year to play p5? We used to aspire to be a coaching stepping stone like Arkansas State. Would it be the end of the world if we got a higher caliber of player for 3 years than a pretty good for all 4? Maybe this is a way to grab better recruits by saying they can make a name for themselves early and the go on with their Mean Green experience.

image.png.4dce98f7d4e815032998870589719a02.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

All this boo-hooing over a kid trying to do better for himself seems selfish to me. Obviously I hate losing good talent but I can't blame a guy for trying to take advantage of his talent to experience something new. After college, a lot of these guys will never play again. I don't blame him for wanting to take advantage of his last chance to experience P5 football. He's given the program a few good years and for that let's be thankful. Now it's up to our coaches to take advantage of the transfer portal as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Oh Boy! 1