Chris Cassidy Enter the Portal

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, UNT18Grad said:

He is likely going to continue to blow up, 2-time all conference OL is something most schools would love to have.

By the way that is former UNT safety Kishawn McClain helping facilitate this latest offer.

Thanks, I thought that twitter handle sounded familiar.

• Upvote 1

• UNTLifer changed the title to Chris Cassidy Enter the Portal
2 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

So, we have lost the following to the portal:

1 starting OL (Brammer)

2 OL that have never been listed on the two-deep. (Cassidy and Brunner)

1 Freshman OL that arrived out of shape. (Crum)

1 WR that was basically kicked off the team for domestic violence. (Simpson)

2 DL that weren't playing at all. (Dotson and McCrae)

1 OLB that I think we all had high hopes for when he signed. (Johnson)

1 DB that transferred in and never, opted out last year and didn't play this year (Rucker)

Freshman DB that hadn't played (Williams)

1 DB that had the potential to start (Stout)

Brammer and Stout were big losses.  Simpson is only transferring due to personal issues.  The others haven't really contributed.

We have picked up the following:

OL Asenuga that could start.

CB Zahodri Jackson from Utah State.  (Somehow missed this commitment and don't know much about him)

QB's Earle and Head

WR Maclin

S Nakwaasah

We need more, but I don't think we that tweet is very accurate.  We will know more in a week.  Not quite ready to panic.

• Upvote 7

Mr Murphy has a point, in a way. We have good talent inside the program right now, but we aren’t replacing anything from the losses, even if not very big. We will have no depth, like many other years, and that won’t win any games.

I know, you can throw tomatoes at me for this reference, but look at SMU. They are loading up, once again, and we are sitting there offering dudes in this class very late with no FBS offers and very little traction. Of course they could work out, but Seth has swung and missed so many times the past 3 years with transfers and recruits it’s insane. 

SMU is the leader for former 5 star transfer from Bama, Cremar Wheaton. Meanwhile we are in the mix for…………….

My point is, Mr Murphy is right more than overreacting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Mr Murphy has a point, in a way. We have good talent inside the program right now, but we aren’t replacing anything from the losses, even if not very big. We will have no depth, like many other years, and that won’t win any games.

I know, you can throw tomatoes at me for this reference, but look at SMU. They are loading up, once again, and we are sitting there offering dudes in this class very late with no FBS offers and very little traction. Of course they could work out, but Seth has swung and missed so many times the past 3 years with transfers and recruits it’s insane. 

SMU is the leader for former 5 star transfer from Bama, Cremar Wheaton. Meanwhile we are in the mix for…………….

My point is, Mr Murphy is right more than overreacting. 

Hell, look at UTSA. They just won the conference and they are back out there loading up on 3 and 4 star prospects as well as grad transfers. Meanwhile, here we are saying we are content with almost the same team that won us 6 games last season. I don't think it's an overreaction by Mr. Murphy at all. Other teams/coaches keep working to get better while we are content staying the same. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I hope someone like Brett or a GMG.com poster can sum up where we are right now.  I see someone listed portal exits.  Would like a follow up list of portal players we have brought in.

Stone Earle - QB - ACU
JD Head - QB - LATech
Jay Maclin - WR - Mizzou
Leke Asenuga - OL - UNM
Nick Nakwaasah - S - UCA
Zahodri Jackson - CB - UTSt

8 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Hell, look at UTSA. They just won the conference and they are back out there loading up on 3 and 4 star prospects as well as grad transfers. Meanwhile, here we are saying we are content with almost the same team that won us 6 games last season. I don't think it's an overreaction by Mr. Murphy at all. Other teams/coaches keep working to get better while we are content staying the same. 

Don't see any 4 stars and their 2 qb commits are marginal at best. They are still kicking our butts at this time. Is it a strategy to sign kids still in the portal that can't make spring ball, because we have our existing starters?

• Upvote 1

Just wait until SMU poaches another one of our stars they covet. I’d wager some of our starters were contacted before the season ended.

The Stangs finally have an NCAA they can function $uccessfully in. If you have to pay for recruits to love your school then so be it, but this new version of the NCAA is not going to be one that borderline & new fans will clamor to. 

My main question with this NIL thing is: How do coaches calm the waters when players on said team start comparing the windfall they each got (& you know they will)?

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

6 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Yep that new indoor practice facility is doing wonders right now for recruiting…

Playing live in front of Stadium, ESPN + and ESPN 3 every week is helping out our recruiting as well…

When we tell a prime DFW recruit we are in Denton and have a football team.

major-league-uniforms.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1