Any QB Coach Rumors?

El Paso Eagle

Haven't heard a peep.  I wish we would have at least reached out to John David Baker, who was here with Harrell and followed him to USC.  I looked him up and he is now on staff at Ole' Miss as their passing game coordinator.

https://olemisssports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/john-david-baker/811

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Is he waiting for everyone else to make their hires? Sadly I am expecting the hire to be underwhelming (really hope I am wrong)

Still would not be surprised if he promotes Quinn S

Just want to say I think this would be a bad move - IMO we need an experienced coach in this position

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Of course.  God forbid the head coach keeps the "most faithful" fans informed.

Not that they have to give out much, but you would think that Seth and Wren are well aware of the pessimism  within the fan base. Would like to think they would try and give a positive spin. Maybe keeping those few donors happy is all they care about. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Not that they have to give out much, but you would think that Seth and Wren are well aware of the pessimism  within the fan base. Would like to think they would try and give a positive spin. Maybe keeping those few donors happy is all they care about. 

Exactly.

• Upvote 3

January 27th... Less than a week away from NSD.   
Any potential QB we might target before then wouldn't even know who their QBs coach would be here.   
I guess with Head & Earle we're done at that position, so there's really no reason to rush/announce anything?   
I truly thought whenever the University finally put the job posting out there (January 10th), that it meant someone had already been chosen.   Coach Joseph has been gone since the middle of December.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This is it. God forbid they try to keep their fans happy. The longer we get radio silence, the more pessimism grows within the fan base. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1