UNT Hockey in the Football Offseason-Beat SMU!

UNT 90 Grad

Add-a-heading.pngUNT Hockey will play SMU this coming Sunday (1/30/22) at 10:30 AM in the Americans College Classic at the Event Center in Allen where the Allen Americans play.  Tickets also get you admission to the Allen Americans game that afternoon.  
https://allenamericans.com/media/americans-college-classic-to-showcase-north-texas-ice-hockey-talent/

TICKETS:  https://offer.fevo.com/americans-college-classic-a9ae4aa?fevoUri=americans-college-classic-a9ae4aa%2Fallen-americans-vs-newfoundland-growlers-crhufut-388a8a2

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love the hockey jerseys (sweaters).

image.png.96f17ceed49e1b3b1b678c2f81e8758d.png

The North Texas Hockey club should probably post on here next year before they order uniforms. I am sure there are fans that would be willing to help sponsor the team if the were able to receive a jersey as a sponsor gift. This could greatly increase interest and contributions.

image.png.6ed123a77368a57dbec2dd5e3ad3e061.png

(I've even had a little fun playing around with the jersey creator software)

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, ADLER said:

I love the hockey jerseys (sweaters).

image.png.96f17ceed49e1b3b1b678c2f81e8758d.png

The North Texas Hockey club should probably post on here next year before they order uniforms. I am sure there are fans that would be willing to help sponsor the team if the were able to receive a jersey as a sponsor gift. This could greatly increase interest and contributions.

image.png.6ed123a77368a57dbec2dd5e3ad3e061.png

(I've even had a little fun playing around with the jersey creator software)

I believe people have been posting here and on Twitter for a long time how much they would be interested in buying these and helping out the program. It seems strange that there has been no feedback from the hockey club

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

I still remember approaching RV while in school, telling him I was forming inline and ice hockey teams, and if he could give me a little fundung, I could get NCAA ice hockey at UNT, and not just club teams.  But, he didn't see the future of hockey in the metroplex.  Now there are players who were born and raised in DFW winning Stanley Cups.

• RV 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Rudy said:

I still remember approaching RV while in school, telling him I was forming inline and ice hockey teams, and if he could give me a little fundung, I could get NCAA ice hockey at UNT, and not just club teams.  But, he didn't see the future of hockey in the metroplex.  Now there are players who were born and raised in DFW winning Stanley Cups.

Well depending on which years this was, he might have been trying to balance men’s and women’s sports instead of adding another men’s sports. Let’s not forget we had to drop some sports and then eventually raise the student fees to fund the women properly to avoid a potential law suit. Our girls were playing in public parks and such. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Well depending on which years this was, he might have been trying to balance men’s and women’s sports instead of adding another men’s sports. Let’s not forget we had to drop some sports and then eventually raise the student fees to fund the women properly to avoid a potential law suit. Our girls were playing in public parks and such. 

RV just dismissed it without a thought I would have gotten women's hockey too.

• Upvote 1
  • RV 2