Old Dominion (1/22/22)

CMJ

31 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

early answer from my sources says it is a hip, not to believe to be serious, was not able to return but should be ready for next weekend.

Good to hear. Hard to see us winning at La Tech without him. I know we can hold people but his offense is huge when things get sloppy for us on O.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

ESPN recaps aren't even human recaps anymore.  Check out the cited author... "Automated Insights"

It literally just has algorthms/bots/whatever spit out the stats in sentence form.  No more human.  no more AP.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401372770

Yup. Pretty much just spits out the score, team records, and the leading scorers in paragraph form.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

THAT was your tipping point?  I mean, I 120% agree with you that was a silly comparison, but he lost me about 35 posts (and a likely restraining order) ago

Just on this thread.  I take them one at a time for sanity's sake.  Just thankful he isn't stalking me.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Death, Taxes, and Andrew complaining about something ( recruiting, bench play, where Emmitt sits, why Mac isn't the second coming of Vic Trili ect...)

The Emmitt bit will probably run its course once we go dancing again…

🤞

If you know how to get out of taxes that soon DM me… 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4

Many seem to assume that McCasland does not use the bench because of lack of talent.   That is basically a guess because no one has actually seen any extended play pass the first 7 players.

I don't think for a minute that McCasland recruits players to sit on the bench.  My take is that Zephyr, Stone, Wright, Browne are probably just as good as other CUSA's teams' deep bench.  

McCasland is a defense first and values experience way over potential.  He is going to stick with an extremely tight rotation and unless a player demonstrates he is currently in the top seven; he is highly unlikely to play.  

This philosophy is further exacerbated by McCasland's slow methodical offense with just does not often generate big leads that allows a lot of substitutions. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

early answer from my sources says it is a hip, not to believe to be serious, was not able to return but should be ready for next weekend.

I've heard similar remarks; sounded like he'll be fine and ready for Thursday's tilt with the Golden Eagles.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Should have sat through the Tommy Newman years.

I misspelled the name. I know him. I worked with his daughter back in the day at a middle school. He actually came up there. He and Johnny Jones were in the same gym with us (because Johnny’s son played for us and his wife worked with me). I know it was bad basketball then though. 😕 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Many seem to assume that McCasland does not use the bench because of lack of talent.   That is basically a guess because no one has actually seen any extended play pass the first 7 players.

I don't think for a minute that McCasland recruits players to sit on the bench.  My take is that Zephyr, Stone, Wright, Browne are probably just as good as other CUSA's teams' deep bench.  

McCasland is a defense first and values experience way over potential.  He is going to stick with an extremely tight rotation and unless a player demonstrates he is currently in the top seven; he is highly unlikely to play.  

This philosophy is further exacerbated by McCasland's slow methodical offense with just does not often generate big leads that allows a lot of substitutions. 

I can agree but how does the leasing blocker in Washington University history not get on the floor at UNT. That one really is a puzzle to me. The rest I can understand. He didn’t look awful in the few minutes he had at times this season; however today he just turned the ball right over in the 40 seconds he had. 

• Thanks 1