Old Dominion (1/22/22)

CMJ

Is there a more stubborn coach in the NCAA when it comes to playing his bench than Mac? He consistently gets the best out of his guy, but what’s the point in having 15 guys on the roster if your going to only play 6-7 all game and then even when your up by 20 wait until the last minute to get any of the bench in.

We will still win this game, but it was the perfect opportunity to roll Browne or Zephyr out with the starters for some minutes…

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

He. Is. Not. Going. To. Change. So. Maybe. Stop. Making. The. Same. Post. All. The. Time. And. Shut. Up. 

lol funny guy. Johnny Jones  changed… if he doesn’t and we keep winning that’s fine; however what’s the point in recruiting of your not going to play half of them even when the game is well under control. WKU also runs a short bench so it can be understandable, but it would be nice to see another player get out with the starters. It’s called masking them. One bench player with four starters shouldn’t make a major impact if your winning and your starters are actually solid starters. Not sure why we don’t see them more, so I will keep asking. I know he heard it from behind the bench recently “Mac you know you have a bench right”. It’s a fair call and I’m not the only one making… I sit on the other side anyway. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t know the answer to your question, but here is what I do know.  

Grant McCasland - 1 CBI title, 2 conference titles, 1 NCAA upset win, on pace for 20+ wins this season 

Andrew - None of that 👆 

I take some solace in your ability with a firearm. provoking a stalker can sometimes lead them to become violent 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t know the answer to your question, but here is what I do know.  

Grant McCasland - 1 CBI title, 2 conference titles, 1 NCAA upset win, on pace for 20+ wins this season 

Andrew - None of that 👆 

🧐 that doesn’t change my opinion. Didn’t change people’s opinions of Trilli or Jones or Benford or Neuman or anyone else. We always want to win, but it’s nice to see a few more guys get some touches. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

10 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I'm going to take the few moments needed to spell this out to you, knowing of course it will land on deaf ears since logic has for like 10+ years now

your opinion is fine. there isn't a single poster here who would rather have a 7 (now maybe 6) man rotation over a 10 man rotation. I'd love to have 10 trusted guys who are competent on offense and efficient and bought in on defense. 

we simply do not have that.

and there are conversations to be had around GM's recruiting and maybe even trust issues to be had regarding why we don't have a deeper rotation. up 10+ in the second half of a conference game nearing the end of January really isn't the time to have that conversation. this team/system/rotation is what it is at this point. and to continue to make posts about recruiting or players who aren't going to factor in the rest of the season...while up 10+ in the second half of a conference game nearing the end of January...is both asinine and annoying. 

if (big if, please no hoop-jesus) Perry is out any extended period of time, that does not mean that Stone or Zephir or Wright is about to step in and play a role. everyone (Andrew) needs to prepare themselves for that reality. I think you'll see Bell logging quick burst minutes at the 3 and shorter shifts for everyone...basically from the under first 16 minute timeout moving forward there will pretty much always be a body at the scorer's table. maybe 30 second runs for a deep bench dude heading into a timeout or something...but I'd anticipate Abou and Scott averaging 25-28 minutes while everyone else is in the mid 30s moving forward.

That may be true but they simply shows we recruited poorly which has been a concern since we knew the class; especially coming off the year/success we had. 

It’s very questionable as to why Wright is seeing minutes after being a 4 year (?) starter at Washington. Browne and Zephyr make more sense but if Perry is out it doesn’t hurt to have each one the game at different times for a 2-3 minute session with the starters. Offensively and defensively they would be covered and it would simply give out guys fresher legs for a push down the stretch if it were needed. Tired legs don’t only miss shots/free throws but also lead to injuries. We don’t need anymore of that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

early answer from my sources says it is a hip, not to believe to be serious, was not able to return but should be ready for next weekend.

That’s good news. Thought it might be his back. We could probably get by Southern Miss without him, but La Tech will be a battle. 

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1