Old Dominion (1/22/22)

CMJ

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

W are up 21 points with 6'40" left in 1H.  17-2 run.  hard to overstate how comfortable we look, and how out of sync ODU is.

I don't know if this is how good we are, or how bad ODU is.

I'll take it though.

This far in the season I would feel safe stating it is how good we are. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Every time I see us play, I'm thinking "gosh we look small. We can't be that small". This crosses my mind at some point every game.

But it seems we really are.

That may be the case... and yet... NT keeps winning.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This far in the season I would feel safe stating it is how good we are. 

Random thought:

We are 15+ games into this season, and ODU looks like they have no idea who we are or how we play.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I find this striking.

I think this is one way of validating how good Coach Grant is.

• Upvote 4

In half one NT commited 3 fouls for a grand total of 2(!) free trows for ODU (neither of which was made). Maybe that says something about the refs. maybe it says something about ODU not driving hard enough. But it sure says something about this NT teams discipline.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, outoftown said:

In half one NT commited 3 fouls for a grand total of 2(!) free trows for ODU (neither of which was made). Maybe that says something about the refs. maybe it says something about ODU not driving hard enough. But it sure says something about this NT teams discipline.

Don’t tell the refs this…. They will try to even it out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ttunt1970 said:

What's with Perry injury inquiring minds want to know

No details but it it appears serious as he is out for the half according to Hank.  On a separate note, sure enjoy Jacob Holman being on the broadcast.  Would like to see him on a full time basis.  Also why is the play by play guy wearing ODU colors?  Isn’t he a UNT grad?

3 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

Announcers said it’s a back injury. They had on Jacob Holman and he said it looked serious but hopefully not a season ending. Probably just a lingering issue. Could rest and go on the road. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ttunt1970 said:

I am watching online and heard he was done for the game but Dave and Hank haven’t provided information on the extent/nature of the injury.  Going to need Browne, Stone or Zephyr to step up. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1