DRC: Sources -- Austin Aune back with Mean Green as preparations for 2022 begin

Brett Vito

Still think Earle wins the job. Accuracy is the name of the game and Earle’s accuracy numbers and ball placement on film is just a noticeable step above Aune.

I don’t think Littrell is as married to Aune as people make it seem. Everyone was so insistent with stick with one QB and that’s what he did. While we were winning.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

If he stays, he's still gotta win the starting job...If he wins the job, they really need to re-think how the offense works, because his passing game just lacks...Yes, now and again, he'll connect on an exciting pass, but everyone does...I just dont see it suddenly late-blooming for him.   

"Ya know, I used to be a mediocre passer...but one day, late in my career, when I turned 29, it all came together for me, and we won our conference"  (Said No One, ever...)

He strengths are, he's a veteran, should be able to read defenses, and he's crazy fast...And I might add, he's got a great delivery/pass on short burst/quick slant type stuff, he just never seemed to do it much...The passes that exceed 20 yards are just too inconsistent....

Edited by trud1966
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I don’t think Littrell is as married to Aune as people make it seem. Everyone was so insistent with stick with one QB and that’s what he did. While we were winning.

The fact that he gave the nod to Ruder after being on campus a couple months (?) kind of proves he's wanting someone else to step up. I just want anyone other than Aune starting Day 1. Even that person fails, try someone else.. if you have to, go thru the entire QB room. Another year of Aune might as well signal the last year of Littrell.. and I think Seth knows that.

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

The fact that he gave the nod to Ruder after being on campus a couple months (?) kind of proves he's wanting someone else to step up. I just want anyone other than Aune starting Day 1. Even that person fails, try someone else.. if you have to, go thru the entire QB room. Another year of Aune might as well signal the last year of Littrell.. and I think Seth knows that.

Yup, agreed on all fronts

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I don't blame him, you're only young once. Play as long as your able!

I mean I think that’s a nice thing to say but this is also OUR program and shouldn’t we want it to be the best it can be?  I respect you as a poster and mean no disrespect but some of us are in this thing to win and not just get by and make for nice stories.

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

11 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I mean I think that’s a nice thing to say but this is also OUR program and shouldn’t we want it to be the best it can be?  I respect you as a poster and mean no disrespect but some of us are in this thing to win and not just get by and make for nice stories.

So you’d kick him off the team?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1