DRC: C-USA issues statement on realignment

Brett Vito

6 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Well can someone please explain why those three are allowed to exit and we aren't?  Seems like C-USA is holding UNT to a different standard.

I think it has to do with the agreed join date with the AAC. Fun Belt seems to want to allow USM, ODU, and Marshall in early. Has nothing to do with C-USA or their desire to keep schools in to honor their bylaws.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, mustangfan said:

As much as we would like to see you join us early, I don't think anything can happen unless Cincy, Houston and UCF are able to enter the Big 12 sooner than 24-25.

Despite the posturing of some, I do not see any world where UT/OU are not in the SEC beginning 2023.. which starts the avalanche

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

19 hours ago, mustangfan said:

As much as we would like to see you join us early, I don't think anything can happen unless Cincy, Houston and UCF are able to enter the Big 12 sooner than 24-25.

Yes, movement is all based on when OU and UT move to the SEC.  I would guess probably 23-24.  Then AAC schools can move to Big?12 as replacements, then CUSA to AAC, etc.

• Upvote 3

On 1/20/2022 at 5:02 PM, MeanGreen22 said:

Despite the posturing of some, I do not see any world where UT/OU are not in the SEC beginning 2023.. which starts the avalanche

Money talks and I don’t see a whole were OU,  UT and the SEC pay all the money necessary to have those school leave early.  The SEC would have to make concessions in the expanded playoff structure otherwise (which would still boil down to money) for that early exit.

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2022 at 5:02 PM, MeanGreen22 said:

I do not see any world where UT/OU are not in the SEC beginning 2023.. which starts the avalanche

UT & OU have a $100 million reasons to stay through 2025.  There's a reason the Big 12 just rolled out a new 14 team, 2 division plan.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

55 minutes ago, shaft said:

UT & OU have a $100 million reasons to stay through 2025.  There's a reason the Big 12 just rolled out a new 14 team, 2 division plan.

Yep.

Big 12 North:

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Iowa State

Kansas 

Kansas State

Cincinnati 

West Virginia 

Big 12 South:

Texas

Texas Tech

Houston

Baylor

TCU

BYU

UCF

I cant wait to see our 2023 schedule.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, shaft said:

Money is no object to the SEC, OU, or uT.  I predict it will get negotiated down and they leave early.  Plus, money is an issue to the 8 remaining Big?12 schools.  They would rather have some $$ in their accounts than more games with the Schooners and Whorns. 

Texas and OU could make an extra $5 mil per game hosting an Alabama instead of Houston or UCF just in ticket sales, media and advertising revenue increases.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 2

On 1/23/2022 at 8:44 PM, Jonnyeagle said:

I thought I had read an article that said UT had the money to leave early but OU did not. The leftover Big 12 teams will see an immediate drop in attendance and thus revenue once those two teams leave so I’m sure they would like to force them to stay for as long as possible.

Basically, the LHN money owed by ESPN will be used to pay their buyout of the Big XII if and when OU can come up with the funds.