‘22 OT Howard Sampson - Humble

97and03

So much for moving up to the best G5 (P6) conference's effect on recruiting.  However, if Sam(p)son becomes what his coach predicts and we can get Coy Eakin and maybe a couple of exceptional transfers, we'll be ok...or at least as ok as we can be with 15 defections and likely a lame duck coach. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

So much for moving up to the best G5 (P6) conference's effect on recruiting.  However, if Sam(p)son becomes what his coach predicts and we can get Coy Eakin and maybe a couple of exceptional transfers, we'll be ok...or at least as ok as we can be with 15 defections and likely a lame duck coach. 

Eakin to Tech, North Texas to the cellar.

• Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

As a credit to the young man, Eakin parlayed a great championship football game into a bunch of offers but signing a WR isn’t going to make or break a team. 

I agree, but it was the way we publicly recruited him to the point of jackassery and still missed out. This, plus the Bloesch to qbs thing, the lack of a notable recruiting class two days before signing day, and the loss of the twins has me beyond frustrated.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I agree, but it was the way we publicly recruited him to the point if jackassery and still missed out. This, plus the Bloesch to qbs thing, the lack of a notable recruiting class two days before signing day, and the loss of the twins has me beyond frustrated.

Yep, the current trajectory of the program is similar to Enron, Lehman Brothers, Countrywide Mortgage, etc.. Sell now and get out while you can.

Working Stock Market GIF by Adult Swim

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 9:52 AM, UNTLifer said:

Rating: 3 star - .8133

He was terribly underrated.  He should have been at least in the 84-85 range.  As a freshman he worked his way to the second unit.

TCU and North Carolina both went after him heavily.

• Haha 1