‘22 OT Howard Sampson - Humble

97and03

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Some of y'all are never happy. When a local under-recruited kid does big things at another school, we cry about how we can't find guys like that. When we go after a project with huge potential but little offers, we cry about how the offer list or whatever else isn't good enough. Can't teach size. He has that. Let the coaches earn their money and develop him.

Well stated. 

17 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Some of y'all are never happy. When a local under-recruited kid does big things at another school, we cry about how we can't find guys like that. When we go after a project with huge potential but little offers, we cry about how the offer list or whatever else isn't good enough. Can't teach size. He has that. Let the coaches earn their money and develop him.

You may get one kid like that every now and then. But we have to win recruiting battles. Seth has failed miserably at this

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

5 hours ago, p_phelps said:

You may get one kid like that every now and then. But we have to win recruiting battles. Seth has failed miserably at this

And how do you know who that kid is when they're still in high school? If you never recruit any projects, you'll never hit on any either. If only it were that easy to just get the "one kid like that" 100% of the time... we've got guys crying on here about losing Brammer who was a 2 star (247) recruit with 5 offers, two of which were UNT and Texas Southern, and none of which were big programs. Then we've got you crying about recruiting Sampson who is *currently* unrated with 6 offers (more than the other guy!) including the same UNT and Texas Southern as Brammer. Make it make sense!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

And how do you know who that kid is when they're still in high school? If you never recruit any projects, you'll never hit on any either. If only it were that easy to just get the "one kid like that" 100% of the time... we've got guys crying on here about losing Brammer who was a 2 star (247) recruit with 5 offers, two of which were UNT and Texas Southern, and none of which were big programs. Then we've got you crying about recruiting Sampson who is *currently* unrated with 6 offers (more than the other guy!) including the same UNT and Texas Southern as Brammer. Make it make sense!

Yeah let's go get 25 projects good strategy 

• Eye Roll 1

52 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

He could crap turds and you'd claim they're golden nuggets. There's no other way to put it. He's failed on every level this year 

I have stated I haven’t been happy with him many times but I also recognize he has put together good recruiting classes in the past and will reserve judgement until this is complete. You, on the other hand, as well as a few others criticize everything and fail to give credit when due. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

I have stated I haven’t been happy with him many times but I also recognize he has put together good recruiting classes in the past and will reserve judgement until this is complete. You, on the other hand, as well as a few others criticize everything and fail to give credit when due. 

False,  I gave credit during his 5 game winning streak.  Those successful recruiting classes have been completely destroyed by transfers and team dismissals.  Out of 171 teams ranked in 247 we're 123.  Any way you spin it that's terrible.  Please tell me anywhere on this team that we should look forward to next season because I can't see it. I'm critical because I love UNT and hate what Seth has produced.

• Upvote 1

Entire offense returns, minus Brammer and Torrey and we should have Bush and Shorter back from injury. 

Defense loses Novil, T Davis and the two Murphy’s but I like the youth on the D-line and the entire defense having another year under Bennett. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Please tell me anywhere on this team that we should look forward to next season because I can't see it. I'm critical because I love UNT and hate what Seth has produced.

Where to look forward... last season we had the number 1 class in C-USA. Number 2 the year before in 2020, number 4 in 2019. We've had what, 5 or 6 transfer? And we're gaining 6 transfers from other programs. I'm not worried in the recruiting department. 

I don't like what SL has produced in terms of on-field production because I feel like the results should be better based on our relative recruiting success. To criticize the recruiting classes seems like complaining for the sake of complaining. That's where my issue with your negativity stems from.

• Upvote 3