2 Years Ago Today - Buzzer Beater - La Tech

Talon90

I remember watching that highlight on repeat for a long time when it first happened. Crazy play. Perfect segue into the La Tech - UAB game this weekend that will answer a lot more questions on who could win the West (and CUSA in general since the East is not good)

• Upvote 2

That shot was so close to not being before the buzzer.  I have replayed it over and over stopping it to try and see and I can't decide.  Thankfully, the play was called good for us.

A couple of other things stood out to me from these highlights.

* The physical transformation of Thomas Bell has been crazy.  He was so slight in this video.

* Javion was such a leader.

* Simmons was so fundamentally sound around the basket.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

That shot was so close to not being before the buzzer.  I have replayed it over and over stopping it to try and see and I can't decide.  Thankfully, the play was called good for us.

* The physical transformation of Thomas Bell has been crazy.  He was so slight in this video.

Watching the game live I did not think he got the shot off in time. Then the broadcast showed a specific replay that seemed to show the ball off Hamlet's hand before the light went off. But you're right, we're lucky we got the call on the floor because I don't think they overturn the call if it was ruled no good. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Watching the game live I did not think he got the shot off in time. Then the broadcast showed a specific replay that seemed to show the ball off Hamlet's hand before the light went off. But you're right, we're lucky we got the call on the floor because I don't think they overturn the call if it was ruled no good. 

You can set the video to 3:01, then playback speed @ 1/4 time.  You'll see the replay with the clock in-frame as Hamlet releases.  It is ridiculously close, but I think he got it.

I don't know if I'll ever see anything that close again in my lifetime.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I haven’t screamed that loud in my house in some time, think the neighbors heard after Javion hit that shot!

The best part of that game is Javion’s dad attempting to run on the court and getting stopped by security 🤣🤣

Javion's dad was a real one. Yet another reason why I miss him

• Upvote 3

North Texas teams sure play well when they wear Green and White like they did this year against Wichita St and WKU.

North Texas should never wear purple, tan, orange, grey, red, black, brown, yellow, or any other weird colored uniforms ever again.

Go MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, ADLER said:

North Texas teams sure play well when they wear Green and White like they did this year against Wichita St and WKU.

North Texas should never wear purple, tan, orange, grey, red, black, brown, yellow, or any other weird colored uniforms ever again.

Go MEAN GREEN!

I’m not quite as against the black uniforms as you are, but those green ones are pretty sweet!  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

The last two seasons La Tech and us have been about as equal as two basketball teams can be. In 5 games over the past two seasons the combined score of those games is 296-294 in favor of us. Just such high level, competitive basketball.

That is unreal, gotta tweet that.

• Upvote 3