Charlotte (1/20/22)

Big Z

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I got my tickets a few minutes ago. Section 118 row A, seat 6-9 and row B seat 8-9. I was hesitant on the ones close to the court because at Wichita State it was almost court level and very hard to see over players.

Should be a fun trip and a MASSIVE matchup...

I wish I could go. I have family in town that weekend so I unfortunately can not make the trip to Ruston. Hope we bring a nice crowd! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Apparently it’s the Mean Green Maniacs. Mac talked about them in his post game. 

Yep and they did a damn good job for their first event. I was expecting less than what showed up, considering it was the first game with students fully back.

Of course I want a thousand or so, but it takes time to build things. Great energy that really got into Charlotte's head, mainly their big man and Young.

I expect a near full house for La Tech in February, if we keep playing and winning at this pace, but am fully expected to be let down haha...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GMGfor3 said:

When do we seriously start talking about an at-large bid to the Dance?? Wouldn't imagine given the record and NET ranking, that we are too far off from the bubble as it stands right now.... Helps AAC, ACC and PAC are down down. Add in the fact we are about to play 3 more quad 1 games in the coming weeks, and I very much think we are close to controlling our own destiny. Currently sit at 12-4 with 12 games left. Go 11-1 over that span w/ the L being @ UAB or @ La Tech and you're 23-5. Committee would have a very tough time leaving us out. Obviously dreaming here, but that's what you do on fan forums. Let's win the CUSA tourney yet again, but if we fall short, how awesome would it be to have a shot to be called on Selection Sunday?! GMG

NT isn't so far out it couldn't happen, but still fairly unlikely. Part of the problem is that most of those quad 1 games become quad 2 once NT wins em (other than UAB).

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I've sat in plenty of bars watching UNT games on my phone and earbuds.  I know he just moved out of the Dallas area, but he should have expected this.

It was hard enough to get a bar in Plano to play the UNT March Madness games last year and they were actually on a real TV channel.

Which bar was that in Plano?

The only bar/restaurant that I know of that has ESPN plus is Boomerjacks which is pretty cool because the Fairview location has 80 TVs in it. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, GMGfor3 said:

When do we seriously start talking about an at-large bid to the Dance?? Wouldn't imagine given the record and NET ranking, that we are too far off from the bubble as it stands right now.... Helps AAC, ACC and PAC are down down. Add in the fact we are about to play 3 more quad 1 games in the coming weeks, and I very much think we are close to controlling our own destiny. Currently sit at 12-4 with 12 games left. Go 11-1 over that span w/ the L being @ UAB or @ La Tech and you're 23-5. Committee would have a very tough time leaving us out. Obviously dreaming here, but that's what you do on fan forums. Let's win the CUSA tourney yet again, but if we fall short, how awesome would it be to have a shot to be called on Selection Sunday?! GMG

I'm no expert, but based on previous seasons, our Kenpom ranking would have to be about 45 or better to have a chance. We're currently 67 so to have a shot we can maybe lose 1 more game and would have to make the CUSA Championship game. So your scenario is probably what it would take. 

Blowing late leads vs Buffalo and Miami really hurt our chances. 

• Upvote 3

La Tech needs to beat UAB at least once. We have to sweep La Tech and beat UAB away. We then go on and win the tournament championship and go to the NCAA’s.  UAB would then have a high enough NET rating to make it in as an at large and La Tech goes to the NIT’s.  We can always dream!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, GMGfor3 said:

A Miami win would have helped a LOT.  Right now, I think the only way to get at-large consideration is to have an extremely strong showing, starting tomorrow and ending in a CUSA title game loss.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, greenminer said:

A Miami win would have helped a LOT.  Right now, I think the only way to get at-large consideration is to have an extremely strong showing, starting tomorrow and ending in a CUSA title game loss.

The thing I think most people are not considering with the Miami “what if” result is that had we beaten them we would’ve played Bama next instead of Drake. I don’t think that Bama game would’ve ended well for us considering what they did to Miami, and then that puts us at the same record we have now.

Our record would be different and our ratings would be materially better than they are now had we beaten Bama as well, but that’s too far a reach at that point.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

The thing I think most people are not considering with the Miami “what if” result is that had we beaten them we would’ve played Bama next instead of Drake. I don’t think that Bama game would’ve ended well for us considering what they did to Miami, and then that puts us at the same record we have now.

Our record would be different and our ratings would be materially better than they are now had we beaten Bama as well, but that’s too far a reach at that point.

So your saying the game we should have won instead is Buffalo… got it. 👍

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 4

4 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm no expert, but based on previous seasons, our Kenpom ranking would have to be about 45 or better to have a chance. We're currently 67 so to have a shot we can maybe lose 1 more game and would have to make the CUSA Championship game. So your scenario is probably what it would take. 

Blowing late leads vs Buffalo and Miami really hurt our chances. 

we lost against Buffalo?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Andrew said:

Last game you sat on the opposite side near the top and in past seasons you were behind the visitors bench right behind the guy with the beard and I’m hearing his son with the glasses and his sons (wife?). You have moved around a bit. Probably over the way 20 years or so. 

Now behind Kenny Lyons old seats almost, but mark and others also moved down into the corner behind the bench somewhat close to where army of dad use to sit. 

Emmitt,  you're being stalked.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, GMGfor3 said:

Call me crazy but I was just thinking the same exact thing! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Emmitt,  you're being stalked.

I’m just waiting because he @emmitt01and @Rudydon’t even remember me. I have known/ been seeing them for at least 25 years I would say. We use to throw the football and kick field goals at tailgating when we were at fouts. 01 we traveled to watch us play at OU. I think it’s funny he doesn’t remember… 🙃

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1