Charlotte (1/20/22)

Big Z

2 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Is this a new formation of the Pit Crew from back in the early aught?  If so I am very pleased to see this reformation.  They made it very difficult for the Charlotte squad tonight.

Apparently it’s the Mean Green Maniacs. Mac talked about them in his post game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Changing subject to women's game.   I am beginning to mistrust Baker's judgment based on him giving an extension to Mitchell.   What about a 32-33 record over the two seasons and plus this year's start merited a new contract?  

This should be her last year if she can't at least challenge for a championship.

Her team just plays bad basketball particularly with the game on the line.   Turnovers and low percentage shots abound. 

I appreciate the down votes, but I wish one of you would actually defend Mitchell coaching.  I wonder if you actually bother to watch the games.

How do you continue to lead most games just to lose them in the last minutes?  Sure it happens but nearly every game.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just now, GrandGreen said:

I appreciate the down votes, but I wish one of you would actually defend Mitchell coaching.  I wonder if you actually bother to watch the games.

How do you continue to lead most games just to lose them in the last minutes?  Sure it happens but nearly every game.

For the record I didn’t downvote you and I very much appreciate your postings but what do you want us to say.  She’s an alum and we desperately want to see her succeed.  Your constant accountability crusade against her is painful to read for most of us.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

16 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Because that’s where my season tickets are, and have been all season

Last game you sat on the opposite side near the top and in past seasons you were behind the visitors bench right behind the guy with the beard and I’m hearing his son with the glasses and his sons (wife?). You have moved around a bit. Probably over the way 20 years or so. 

Now behind Kenny Lyons old seats almost, but mark and others also moved down into the corner behind the bench somewhat close to where army of dad use to sit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

For the record I didn’t downvote you and I very much appreciate your postings but what do you want us to say.  She’s an alum and we desperately want to see her succeed.  Your constant accountability crusade against her is painful to read for most of us.

I want NT to succeed much more than any individual, alum or not. 

I find it painful to lose games that should have been won because of undisciplined play.   

Mitchell is without much doubt, the best woman player ever at NT, but her coaching record speaks for itself.   

She has one winning conference record, last year.  The year is young, so there is time; but this team to me just looks out of synch. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

To be fair, in the full broadcast on ESPNU, the commentators couldn't stop talking about North Texas. It was like I was listening to a home broadcast and I loved it. As far as main ESPN highlights, that's about what I would expect. 

Edited by BigWillie
Wording
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

From the broadcast, I could hear a “refs suck” or something like that. It was right after the phantom travel call on Scott. Wonder if it had anything to do with that?

"Ref you f'ing suck" is what was said, and it prompted a visit. To be honest, that's super weak on the refs end.

And for the brawl... while players were doing the usual walk by, someone said something to Drez who said something back to him. From then on, I have no clue because someone called me but Reem getting into it with another coach is even better!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Really really fun game tonight. We are so good on Defense. When Mac got here it use to almost bore me… but now I love just watching us take the will out of our opponent. We have to do whatever we can to keep Coach Mac at all costs! First home game I have missed in a while. Roommate currently has covid and even though I am vaccinated and boosted thought it would be better for all for me to stay home. Hopefully I can test negative Saturday and be at the ODU game. 

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Yeah forgot about them.  I think I may make a trip to see us play them. 

I got my tickets a few minutes ago. Section 118 row A, seat 6-9 and row B seat 8-9. I was hesitant on the ones close to the court because at Wichita State it was almost court level and very hard to see over players.

Should be a fun trip and a MASSIVE matchup...

• Upvote 1