Charlotte (1/20/22)

Big Z

We are on "The U"!

Quick Scouting Report on the 49ers.

9-5 with conference wins over UTEP (13) and utsa (9)

Losses: Toledo (12), Drexel (12), Davidson (17), Arkansas (20) and Wake Forest (3)

Wins: Monmouth (2), USC Upstate (13), App St (1), George Washington (7), Valpo (1), Maryland Eastern Shore (16), Western Carolina (16) and the UT system schools.

Leading Scorers: G Jahmir Young at (19.5), G Austin Butler (12.1) and G Clyde Trapp (10.3)

Looks like a seven man rotation.

The score about 71 pts a game and give up just a hair less.

They are well coached, but I expect us to win by double digits.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

We are on "The U"!

Losses: Toledo (12), Drexel (12), Davidson (17), Arkansas (20) and Wake Forest (3)

Wins: Monmouth (2), USC Upstate (13), App St (1), George Washington (7), Valpo (1), Maryland Eastern Shore (16), Western Carolina (16) and the UT system schools.

Leading Scorers: G Jahmir Young at (19.5), G Austin Butler (12.1) and G Clyde Trapp (10.3)

Young is their main guy, so I would think we see JJ on him and rotate between Perry and Rubin when JJ is out.

We did pretty well against Kinsey, so I’m intrigued to see how Young can do.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Young is their main guy, so I would think we see JJ on him and rotate between Perry and Rubin when JJ is out.

We did pretty well against Kinsey, so I’m intrigued to see how Young can do.

Will I hope Young doesn't drop 29 on us like Kinsey.  Kinsey has the ability to elevate for his shot.  I have no idea what kind of game Young has but he shoots 47% from the field and 37% on 81 attempts from beyond the arc.  I also expect JJ to draw Williams.  

I would guess they haven't faced a defense like ours.  Should be a good ball game.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

They play today if you wanna keep an eye on the score.  They could be coming in still unbeaten in conference play.

Good call.  Tipoff is 3PM.  This source says broadcast is via CUSA.tv

https://www.ninertimes.com/sports/mens_basketball/charlotte-looks-to-stay-hot-at-florida-atlantic/article_bfd20aaa-77a8-11ec-9971-67a2b5408a9d.html

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

We are on "The U"!

Good assessment.  I watched a good amount of their game against UTSA.  Not overly impressed but Young and Butler could cause us some problems.  Their defense is decent.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

6PM tip.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game/_/gameId/401372661

Spring session started this week.  Should that give me hope for an attendance bump?

@greenminer I think that is a safe bet.  It has been posted several times on here that UNT has not had their students in session and they are one of the last schools to bring their students back after the christmas break. Also we have a world wide epidemic going on which is making it hard for some of our more mature fans to feel safe attending games as well. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2