Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

DRC: UNT lands JUCO safety Bryce Linder as mid-term addition


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, NT80 said:

The Elephant in the room is the bigger issue for the program not being addressed.

This thread is not about the "elephant in the room."  It's about a new commit to the University of North Texas, and he and many of his friends and family no doubt clicked on this link to see what people are saying about him.

  • Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was no commitment announcement from Walerius and Littrell. Assumed Linder was a walkon.

Littrell tweeted out a commitment graphic for Nick Nakwasaah which Walerious retweeted. Walerius also retweeted the Columbia DE we just offered. Nothing from either on this kid. Honestly I’m still not completely sold this is a scholarship addition.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

This thread is not about the "elephant in the room."  It's about a new commit to the University of North Texas, and he and many of his friends and family no doubt clicked on this link to see what people are saying about him.

The subject came up about offering a recruit (this recruit) that had no other FBS offers and why we are doing that as a program.  Recruiting is suffering.   Players and player's parents are smart enough to know when a coach is a lame duck and until it's addressed recruiting will continue to be basically walk-ons.

  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

image.png

 

UTSA win is going to set us back a decade...

Who all offered Mason Fine?  What about Patrick Cobbs?

This might end up being a dumpster fire, but as I noted in another thread, I am will to see what the final class looks like prior to reacting.

  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Who all offered Mason Fine?  What about Patrick Cobbs?

This might end up being a dumpster fire, but as I noted in another thread, I am will to see what the final class looks like prior to reacting.

Yes fingers crossed we end up with a class full of 5’10 Oklahoma record breakers. I’m sure most of the commits offer list will be similar. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheReal_jayD said:

Yes fingers crossed we end up with a class full of 5’10 Oklahoma record breakers. I’m sure most of the commits offer list will be similar. 

Not my point.  I also noted in another thread the number of players that we have been able to get committed late in the process.  I am not making excuses, nor am I happy with how things are progressing, or the silence from the department, but I am just noting that Littrell has historically found people late that have been great additions, and that I am willing to wait until signing day to judge this class.

  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2022 at 8:11 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

image.png

 

UTSA win is going to set us back a decade...

Every Seth's failure is on Wren from here on.  Seth is a proven below average head coach, Wren should have moved on.

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Appreciate the optimism"

Caw Caw was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

Can someone help me understand why it feels like the sky is falling in recruiting to everyone? Since the 2019 class UNT has finished in the top 5. That usually involves some last minute additions for this staff. Do we not think the staff will end somewhere close to that again? Obviously, where we stand now is not great, but we got time.

  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, NT80 said:

The subject came up about offering a recruit (this recruit) that had no other FBS offers and why we are doing that as a program.  Recruiting is suffering.   Players and player's parents are smart enough to know when a coach is a lame duck and until it's addressed recruiting will continue to be basically walk-ons.

Lame duck?

He'd have to fail in a major way not to be coaching here in 2025 or longer. SL ain't going anywhere anytime soon. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Can someone help me understand why it feels like the sky is falling in recruiting to everyone? Since the 2019 class UNT has finished in the top 5. That usually involves some last minute additions for this staff. Do we not think the staff will end somewhere close to that again? Obviously, where we stand now is not great, but we got time.

Past results + current class + pretty bad player retention from the 'good' classes = unease. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Wren will be long gone from here well before SL will be...

Oh, I don't think so.    Wren is being paid like an elite P5 AD.
https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/unt-athletic-director-secures-contract-extension-into-2029/article_339cc6d6-52f8-5201-aad9-c10d6eaf7c4d.html#:~:text=Baker arrived at UNT in,that increased his annual salary.

And you'd better believe, the football problem is a big problem for him if he has eyes to "move up".

  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Lame duck?

He'd have to fail in a major way not to be coaching here in 2025 or longer. SL ain't going anywhere anytime soon. 

He is failing.  37-38 after 6 years is not success.   Wren did not hire SL, so he is not "his" guy.  But Wren extended him (poor move) and he has always been working under Wren's watch, thus his lack of success is a reflection on Wren's ability to evaluate employees.   Some say lack of $$ for a buyout is the reason SL isn't already gone.   No reason after this next lame season not to make a change and try to win back a diminishing fan base.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NT80 said:

He is failing.  37-38 after 6 years is not success.   Wren did not hire SL, so he is not "his" guy.  But Wren extended him (poor move) and he has always been working under Wren's watch, thus his lack of success is a reflection on Wren's ability to evaluate employees.   Some say lack of $$ for a buyout is the reason SL isn't already gone.   No reason after this next lame season not to make a change and try to win back a diminishing fan base.

This next lame season you mention is the easiest schedule any UNT football coach could dream of having. We play an FCS spare and SMU with a new head coach at home, while playing at Memphis (who UTSA beat last year) and UNLV (who is absolutely terrible). Add in CUSA and getting to 7 wins should be easy—if he can’t do that, he should be fired for not taking advantage of such a gift schedule. My bet is that he does, the Lovelace’s throw in more cash, and SL gets extension of another 3-4 years.

  • Sad 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Tell a friend

    Love GoMeanGreen.com? Tell a friend!
  • What's going on Mean Green?

    1. 3

      Softball Portal

    2. 6

      Conference power rankings 2022

    3. 12

      A G5 top 25

  • Popular Contributors

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      14,972
    • Most Online
      1,865

    Newest Member
    GreenTroubadour
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.