Recruiting

GreenGang45

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Let's not make assumptions.

You would think there would be pictures of him floating around on Twitter on all of these campus visits... but there isn't.   Pretty safe "assumption" if you ask me.   
If he's truly out there, what's he gonna tell these HS coaches who want to tweet out a "thanks" to him for coming by?   "No, I don't want any pictures of me here."???  If so, that's just stupid and another reason he'd need to be gone (as if not hitting the road isn't an even bigger one).

I have a good friend that is a Head Coach in the metroplex and he's tweeted out pictures of himself with Sarkisian & McIntyre over the past week.   We see Tweets from the road out of Walerius, Mainord, Cobbs, Mayes, Passwaters, Holley, Gush, Bloesch, Petrilli... basically everyone but Littrell & Bennett (and I think another safe "assumption" is that Bennett is just flat-out not going to recruit for us).

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You would think there would be pictures of him floating around on Twitter on all of these campus visits... but there isn't.   Pretty safe "assumption" if you ask me.   
If he's truly out there, what's he gonna tell these HS coaches who want to tweet out a "thanks" to him for coming by?   "No, I don't want any pictures of me here."???  If so, that's just stupid and another reason he'd need to be gone (as if not hitting the road isn't an even bigger one).

I have a good friend that is a Head Coach in the metroplex and he's tweeted out pictures of himself with Sarkisian & McIntyre over the past week.   We see Tweets from the road out of Walerius, Mainord, Cobbs, Mayes, Passwaters, Holley, Gush, Bloesch, Petrilli... basically everyone but Littrell & Bennett (and I think another safe "assumption" is that Bennett is just flat-out not going to recruit for us).

I don't follow recruiting. Are there pictures of Darrell Dickey being tweeted? If not, then Littrell may have adopted the stealthy Darrell Dickey method.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Eye Roll 3

Littrell said on early signing day we had 12-14 more spots open and since then (40 days) we have had ONE (1) player commit, a backup OL from a New Mexico team that went 5-14 the last two years. We are either losing every significant battle for 22' recruits or we are waiting for signing day to pass to fill out the class with transfers. This is MacCarney type bush league recruiting where we're beating Abilene Christian and Lamar for prospects.

Either way, my only hope is one of JD Head or Stone Earle can actually play, Brammer returns, and we see real improvement from the secondary. We can compete for a conference championship if those things happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3

10 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Seth is not on the recruiting trail. Health related. 

dickey is out on recruiting trail guess he learned stealth recruiting doesn’t work. 

don’t expect for much excitement between now and NSD may add a name or two. Plan is to set bag and grab left overs out of portal after spring ball. Fun. 

I wish SL a speedy recovery in whatever he’s dealing with. Thanks for the update. GMG!

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

dickey is out on recruiting trail guess he learned stealth recruiting doesn’t work. 

don’t expect for much excitement between now and NSD may add a name or two. Plan is to set bag and grab left overs out of portal after spring ball. Fun. 

Health? Like what? Seems like it's serious for him not to be making appearances around at least the metroplex during this open recruiting time. Stay tuned. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Health? Like what? Seems like it's serious for him not to be making appearances around at least the metroplex during this open recruiting time. Stay tuned. 

Serious?  We really don't know what it is.  Could be asymptomatic Covid for all we know which would keep him off the recruiting trail and in quarantine.  He could have been exposed to someone with Covid and forced to wait and test.  It could be a million things.  I would assume that he is in good health, based on appearances, and takes care of himself.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3

12 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Dickey recruiting to Kyle Field, the SEC, and to one of the top academic schools in the country has to be as easy as he's ever had it...how he got anyone of any talent here to Fouts, the SBC, and the old mindset of 'Lets show what a great value we are (i.e. cheap)' ad campaign we always ran back then. I'd have gone stealth too...

• Eye Roll 1

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Serious?  We really don't know what it is.  Could be asymptomatic Covid for all we know which would keep him off the recruiting trail and in quarantine.  He could have been exposed to someone with Covid and forced to wait and test.  It could be a million things.  I would assume that he is in good health, based on appearances, and takes care of himself.

Serious? I mean I guess. Hopefully it is just asymptomatic covid. That's best case scenario. But aren't there X amount a days out for that per protocols? 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Serious? I mean I guess. Hopefully it is just asymptomatic covid. That's best case scenario. But aren't there X amount a days out for that per protocols? 

I have no idea, but I was just throwing that out there since that would definitely be something that would keep him from personal contact with recruits.  He has travelled in years past so I was just making an educated guess. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, Coach_1976 said:

From what I have heard.. is as of last week he had Covid. Do not know the severity. But I guess depending on vaccinations and booster along with symptoms  depends how long he would have to stay away from football operations 

Tough news for Coach Littrell.  Let's keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers right now. 

• Upvote 6

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I have no idea, but I was just throwing that out there since that would definitely be something that would keep him from personal contact with recruits.  He has travelled in years past so I was just making an educated guess. 

18 hours ago, Coach_1976 said:

From what I have heard.. is as of last week he had Covid. Do not know the severity. But I guess depending on vaccinations and booster along with symptoms  depends how long he would have to stay away from football operations 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I have had seven employees out with what is believed to be the omicron variant.

1.  Double vaxxed and boosted: Felt like they had a severe cold/sinus infection.

2. Double vaxxed and boosted: Had strep, turned to flu and then covid.  Said they have never felt that bad.

3.  Unvaxxed: zero symptoms.

4.  Double vaxxed not boosted: 102.9 fever, down for a week, said they have never felt worse.

5.  J&J vaxxed: Felt like they had a bad case of the flu.

6.  Double vaxxed and boosted: felt terrible for a week, zero energy.

7.  Unvaxxed: mild case, second time to catch Covid.  First time was when it first came out.

Point is that this current variant doesn't appear to be reigned in by the "vaccines" which I thought was interesting.

Our situation was wild.  My three year old tested positive but only had what I would describe as a mild cold and just felt tired for two days.  Then he was fine.   My wife felt really bad for 2-3 days bordering on a severe case of the flu.  Barely got out of bed.  I have tested negative the entire time and I'm fully vaxxed but not boosted. 

It makes zero sense but I suppose its possible I was positive much early and had no symptoms.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 8:13 PM, Cooley said:

I have no idea what North Texas recruiting is like behind the scenes.  I do know that SMU has OFFERED the following underclassmen at SOC:

Kelvion Riggins, 6-1, 200 Fr. LB

Jamyri Cauley, 6-3, 195 So. WR

Randy Reese, 5-10, 180 Jr. WR 

Billy Walton, 6-3. 230 Jr. Edge

Jayvon Thomas, 6-0, 180 Jr. CB

Malik "Manny" Mohammad, Jr. 6-0, 175 CB

Brandon Jones, 6-1, 190 So. LB

Missed out on:

Kevin Henry-Jennings, 6-1, 180 Senior QB - SMU signee

Kyron Chambers, 6-1, 195 Senior CB - TCU signee

Others to watch:

Brione Ramsey-Brooks, Jr. 6-5, 370 OG

Abdul Mohammad, Jr. 5-10, 180 DB 

I do know that UNT is interested in  

Dylan Brown-Turner, 6-2. 205 Jr. LB (Knee injury cost him all but 2 games)

15-1 Division II State Champions (2021) - Just sayin

Mean Green comes through today with offers for Dylan Brown-Turner, Randy Reece and Keith Smith. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1