Recruiting

GreenGang45

7 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Keep in mind we have supposedly had the best or one of the best recruiting classes in CUSA the last several years and where has it gotten us under this so called head coach? 4-6, 5-7. 6-7 

I was about to say this. We've seen what Littrell has done with multiple supposed "Number 1 in CUSA recruiting classes." Still waiting for some those classes to show why they were rated number one like I was told multiple times they would.

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I was about to say this. We've seen what Littrell has done with multiple supposed "Number 1 in CUSA recruiting classes." Still waiting for some those classes to show why they were rated number one like I was told multiple times they would.

We had high expectations for a QB that wound up getting benched for the rest of the year and more notably WR talent injured for the year.  Keep waiting.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

2 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

Keep in mind we have supposedly had the best or one of the best recruiting classes in CUSA the last several years and where has it gotten us under this so called head coach? 4-6, 5-7. 6-7 

I like how people imply these recruiting rankings are invalidated because the teams were bad while these classes were true freshmen and sophomores. Meanwhile we had poorly rated recruiting classes making up the upperclassmen on these teams and no one points out how those poorly rated recruiting classes made for subpar senior classes. 

We were 5-3 in conference with bad QB play. The players from these classes have made an impact and a good amount have proven to be good CUSA players. Get them a QB and I do think we have the roster in place to compete for a division title. Are they going to be a good AAC roster is a very different question. Especially with the current lack of momentum we have in recruiting.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I like how people imply these recruiting rankings are invalidated because the teams were bad while these classes were true freshmen and sophomores. Meanwhile we had poorly rated recruiting classes making up the upperclassmen on these teams and no one points out how those poorly rated recruiting classes made for subpar senior classes. 

We were 5-3 in conference with bad QB play. The players from these classes have made an impact and a good amount have proven to be good CUSA players. Get them a QB and I do think we have the roster in place to compete for a division title. Are they going to be a good AAC roster is a very different question. Especially with the current lack of momentum we have in recruiting.

You say 5-3 "in conference" as if that validates anyone or anything. Look at those opponents. Look at this conference. Look at the momentum. Why are you defending this? 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

He was right around .500 during first extension. Point stands. Move on. Quit defending mediocrity. There's no point. It's not helpful. 

Nice pivot try. After 2 nine win seasons and Mason coming back I would bet the major majority on this site was all for an extension including you. Prove me wrong.

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Nice pivot try. After 2 nine win seasons and Mason coming back I would bet the major majority on this site was all for an extension including you. Prove me wrong.

Yes and the original post I was responding to said “Yet, people still think Littrell is the guy and would happily give him another extension for a .500 season next year. This is seriously the most uninspired off-season we've had in years.”

No one on here has been saying they would happily give Littrell another extension for a .500 season next year. Two pivots later we got the post you were responding to.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

37 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

It's well documented I lost all faith in SL in November of 2016 when he took a 5-6 UNT team into El Paso with bowl eligibility on the line and got throat punched by a 3-8 UTEP team by 30. It was uninspired and unmotivated football. Since, he's lost to just about every competitive team we've played save UTSA this year. Army in I believe 2018 if you're really counting. Piss on 9 wins. Look at the wins. And really dive into the losses in the same window of time. It's pathetic. It's gotten worse. And the rumor is he's got it in cruise control while we get dominated in recruiting. Hopefully that's enough proof for you.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

He was right around .500 during first extension. Point stands. Move on. Quit defending mediocrity. There's no point. It's not helpful. 

Don’t be ridiculous, he took a 1-11 team that got throttled by Portland State and took them to 5 wins in year 1. Don’t act like you were some savant thinking he didn’t deserve a better deal way back in 2016. I don’t recall anyone being against that contract.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

18 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's well documented I lost all faith in SL in November of 2016 when he took a 5-6 UNT team into El Paso with bowl eligibility on the line and got throat punched by a 3-8 UTEP team by 30. It was uninspired and unmotivated football. Since, he's lost to just about every competitive team we've played save UTSA this year. Army in I believe 2018 if you're really counting. Piss on 9 wins. Look at the wins. And really dive into the losses in the same window of time. It's pathetic. It's gotten worse. And the rumor is he's got it in cruise control while we get dominated in recruiting. Hopefully that's enough proof for you.  

Man 2017 and 2018 must of been Hell for you. He has recruited well the last 2 classes, let’s see how it turns out. You may be right but the transfer portal has changed recruiting strategy. I believe recruiting shows the future of the program. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Documented where? Ever heard of the running back UTEP had playing that day in his last college game before the NFL draft? 

aaron-jones.gif

Go ahead and say you wanted Littrell gone after year one and I’ll say you were a party of one. Over here trying to act like you discovered fire before everyone else. Get real man.

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Documented where? Ever heard of the running back UTEP had playing that day in his last college game before the NFL draft? 

aaron-jones.gif

Go ahead and say you wanted Littrell gone after year one and I’ll say you were a party of one. Over here trying to act like you discovered fire before everyone else. Get real man.

301 yards on 24 attempts. A future NFL running back, sure. God, nah. 

Defend the absolute definition of mediocrity. That's your choice. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

301 yards on 24 attempts. A future NFL running back, sure. God, nah. 

Defend the absolute definition of mediocrity. That's your choice. 

You still haven’t produced evidence of your “well documented” stance that you wanted Littrell gone before everyone else way back in 2016.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

What I stated there and the teams ineptness to qualify for bowl eligibility vs a very bad team can both be true, no? 

By your own admission that UTEP team was in a better situation than we were heading into that season.

You’re being intellectually dishonest by condemning people for “defending mediocrity” for supporting the Littrell extension at 14-13 after year two when you yourself said he “inherited the worst possible situation that college football has to offer.”

Seems pretty clear if you had been told at the time of the hire that Littrell would have the team you deemed “the worst possible situation that college football has to offer” winning 9 games and a division title in Year 2, you would not have deemed that to be mediocrity.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

We are eating our own.

Yup. People need to vent because reality doesn't want to be recognized. 

30 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

By your own admission that UTEP team was in a better situation than we were heading into that season.

You’re being intellectually dishonest by condemning people for “defending mediocrity” for supporting the Littrell extension at 14-13 after year two when you yourself said he “inherited the worst possible situation that college football has to offer.”

Seems pretty clear if you had been told at the time of the hire that Littrell would have the team you deemed “the worst possible situation that college football has to offer” winning 9 games and a division title in Year 2, you would not have deemed that to be mediocrity.

Yes, going into that year. You could make that case for every team in the country. But the moment was big and we laid a fat egg. And continue to do so some 6+ years later. Let us needle into details and not recognize the point and problem at hand. 

• Eye Roll 2