Recruiting

GreenGang45

If memory serves, we have signed the following late in the process during the SL years. 

Brown

Caleb Johnson flip from OU

Darden

Fine

Ejiya

Novil

There are more, but I think we should wait until signing day before we start criticizing.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This is the most concerned I have been about UNT recruiting since before seth arrived. We are playing the waiting game and passing on on  alot of talent i believe. UTSA is kicking our ass right now. Multiple P5 transfers, just flipped a 4 star kid from an sec school. Look to be landing another 4 star possibly. SMU is doing what SMU does they have landed multiple p5 kids from DFW transfering home. Houston has landed an USC and OU transfer in the last two days. We have only landed 2 kids so far with active FBS offers.. we have zero momentum, zero buzz and passing on a lot of solid transfer kids trying to be cute. I think it is very concerning. We have lost recruiting battles to Marshall, Charlotte, Kansas State and East Carolina all in the last month. Those are battles we should be winning. If you cant sell UNT to be better than any of the four previous schools get the hell out of town. The is so frustrating I will probably taking a break from covering recruiting for a while to be completely honest. We will get our ASS handed to us in the AAC if shit doesn't change and in a hurry.

Shark Tank Laugh GIF by ABC Network

25 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This is the most concerned I have been about UNT recruiting since before seth arrived. We are playing the waiting game and passing on on  alot of talent i believe. UTSA is kicking our ass right now. Multiple P5 transfers, just flipped a 4 star kid from an sec school. Look to be landing another 4 star possibly. SMU is doing what SMU does they have landed multiple p5 kids from DFW transfering home. Houston has landed an USC and OU transfer in the last two days. We have only landed 2 kids so far with active FBS offers.. we have zero momentum, zero buzz and passing on a lot of solid transfer kids trying to be cute. I think it is very concerning. We have lost recruiting battles to Marshall, Charlotte, Kansas State and East Carolina all in the last month. Those are battles we should be winning. If you cant sell UNT to be better than any of the four previous schools get the hell out of town. The is so frustrating I will probably taking a break from covering recruiting for a while to be completely honest. We will get our ASS handed to us in the AAC if shit doesn't change and in a hurry.

But, but, but, Seth Littrell? 

We're going go get muffin punched. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:23 PM, GreenGang45 said:

We didn’t notice rod brown until late January because poor recruiting and he was literally sitting in our back yard . And Tommy bush haven’t did anything yet 

So the problem is that NT got literally the lower rated recruit in the conference, but didn't get him early enough?  Bush being injured early might have hampered his year.  

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Add western kentucky to the list of losses.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

17 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Yet, people still think Littrell is the guy and would happily give him another extension for a .500 season next year. This is seriously the most uninspired off-season we've had in years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Honestly, I'd rather put more of my focus on winning programs like men's basketball with a GOOD coach in Grant McCasland.

This is just pathetic from the staff and the fact we have no updates or anything is insane.

#basketballschool 

I believe that’s the ideology of big donors as well. Seth has really fudged this thing up moving forward in so many ways. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I’m going to say straw man. The only person in America with a lower approval ratings right now is Joe B

Agreed. But I’ll say in Hooligan’s defense, at the end of the day, straw man or not, it’s semantics. We made our bed keeping Littrell, now we have to lie in it.

Standards have to be very high now. Margin for error on the field just got a lot lower with how stale things have become off the field.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Agreed. But I’ll say in Hooligan’s defense, at the end of the day, straw man or not, it’s semantics. We made our bed keeping Littrell, now we have to lie in it.

Standards have to be very high now. Margin for error on the field just got a lot lower with how stale things have become off the field.

No doubt. Wren dropped ball by not firing when it was 1-6. Then for the staff to absolutely shit the bed in recruiting this off season hasn’t helped. While our peers are all on a completely different level right now and not even close. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1