Ousmane?

45 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

He's that good but now I'm worried that big programs are going to come after him!

That was my fear too, when they allowed the one year transfer and all the out right buying of players through NIL it favors the stronger programs.  Woolridge and Gibson both bolted for the bigger lights and probably more moolah.

My approach now is just concentrate on the season and not worry about next year's free agency.  

As long as NT can hold on to McCasland, I think NT will be at the top of CUSA or the AAC.  

• Upvote 5

One, my hope is he wouldn't leave UNT as long as McCasland is here given the fact the McCasland was about the only one willing to take a chance on him.  And it has paid huge dividends for both sides.  And two, Ousmane better be get ready for tomorrow night.  WKU has a 7'5" big man that can move.  Tomorrow night is another big test for this team.  

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Probably a little of both.

Watching the replay now and finally seeing this exchange he had with Early that earned technicals for both.  Not gonna lie: I will be watching how these two handle each other in future matchups.

Early walked away last night with 5 points, 1 board,  and the loss.  Not a good look on him.  Does he continue to just run his mouth and not contribute?

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Had a very strong game today against the WKU 9’ center.  If he could develop a mid range jumper he would unstoppable. 

He was very good in the 2nd half. I think the size of the center was a bit intimidating at first, but he (and the team) adjusted and began attacking. It was fun to watch. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/14/2022 at 4:08 PM, UNTLifer said:

Abu has such soft touch around the basket.  He has improved immensely from last year and he isn't close to reaching his full potential.  I loved Zach, but he will have us forgetting Zach pretty quickly.

No disrespect to Zach, but Abou’s ceiling is much higher. He is much much more improved from last season.

I wouldn’t worry about him jumping ship. I have a feeling he’ll be here a while, especially if he continues to improve at this rate.

• Upvote 1