Western Kentucky (1/15/22)

CMJ

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree. Then again, did the Pit Crew have coordinated pre-game dances and sing-a-longs?  That’s why you all were just a “crew” and not maniacs. 

the dude your opinion GIF

As a member of the Pit Crew from 2007-2010 (its heyday) id say we did a pretty great job without coordinated dances! We actually showed up in numbers and cheered hard. Most games I had no voice left. The issue is no one getting word of mouth around campus anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

the dude your opinion GIF

As a member of the Pit Crew from 2007-2010 (its heyday) id say we did a pretty great job without coordinated dances! We actually showed up in numbers and cheered hard. Most games I had no voice left. The issue is no one getting word of mouth around campus anymore.

It appears my sarcasm was lost on a few folks. I think the pre-game dance/sing-a-longs sound ridiculous. I want students engaged during the game making life miserable for our opponents. 

Democratic National Convention 90S GIF by Election 2016

• Eye Roll 2

On 1/14/2022 at 9:29 PM, GreenEggs&Ham™ said:

Since I live in Bowling Green & do watch WKU BB, thought I would give an unofficial GMG.com mini scouting report (survey format).

• WKU likes to play zone and force their opponents to drive in on the 7'5" Sharp or take open 3 pointers.
  • Zone defense allows them to rest as they have some stamina issues with their rotation.
  • Sharp was not a starter at Hopkinsville H.S. and only averaged < 18 min/game in Junior College.
  • Sharp can't play 35 minutes...27 minutes or so is all.
  • But he has 74 blocks this year....so one of the nation's leaders in that category.
  • ...and this will be WKU's first Thu, Sat series of the season.
  • They could get tired early.
  • Forcing teams to play from behind in the 2nd half is WKU's strategy.
  • This is so their opponent will play more aggressive on defense and WKU can draw fouls..
  • ...to get to the foul line. 
  • WKU wants to hit more free-throws than their opponents attempt, if that makes sense.
  • As of this posting, Keith Williams (6'5" G & Cincy transfer & 4-star recruit) eligibility for the UNT game is unclear.

Other 

• Diddle Arena is a notoriously difficult place to play for opponents.
  • Snow won't be an issue. Warren County has 100 snowplows. 7" of snow last week and 12 hours or so to clear.
  • Hillbillies do not reside in Bowling Green. They live in the Appalachian region of Eastern KY. 
  • I will not attend the game due to the crazy high COVID-19 cases here.

Hey man, serious question, how'd you fair during that tornado? I hope all was ok. I do work for someone that lives there and she said she got lucky brevity l because the street next to hers got smashed

One street over from mine was destroyed. About a dozen or so homes are now abandoned over there.

But my home was spared and received no damage. Tornadoes are weird like that. Kentucky doesn't get that many tornadoes which makes a December tornado so rare.

Lost power for 3 days and it was a struggle to stay warm. I am looking for better back-up heat sources for my home. Need time and space to regroup.

• Upvote 3