Why?

DeepGreen

I’m watching some of the Tx Tech vs Baylor basketball game.  Why do their players look so much bigger, taller, and older than the players for UNT?  I mean, their is such a huge difference.  And they are very talented players.  I feel like I’m watching seasoned, semi-pro basketball.  Maybe D League.  Are the cameras just closer to the action and not taken from the rafters like at the UNT Super Pit.?

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I’m watching some of the Tx Tech vs Baylor basketball game.  Why do their players look so much bigger, taller, and older than the players for UNT?  I mean, their is such a huge difference.  And they are very talented players.  I feel like I’m watching seasoned, semi-pro basketball.  Maybe D League.  Are the cameras just closer to the action and not taken from the rafters like at the UNT Super Pit.?

It's the sideline cameras, and how they can zoom in on the individual players and show the emotions on their faces like at an NBA game.

I would have thought that by the 2020's North Texas would have had a quality school owned television production network like WKU has. Maybe in the 2030's? Do we not have media classes that teach this type of production?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

this is legitimately how i used to feel when i would see our cheerleaders on the sidelines... I felt like our cheerleaders always looked like they were in high school compared to primetime college football games on TV

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

This is what I keep coming back to with our recruiting. It just doesn’t feel like it has taken much of a step forward from when Mccasland got here.

He is still really good at identifying talent with guys like Perry and Scott, but those guys also didn’t have High Major programs that we had to out recruit in order to land them. We definitely punch above our weight on the court but that has not been the case in recruiting.

It really feels like Mccasland can coach with the best of them. I do think if we could recruit at the level of UAB and WKU, Mccasland could take that caliber talent and have pushing to get into the top 25. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Many are more NBA ready. That’s why they are two top 25 teams in the nation. We haven’t recruited good NBA ready body’s in a while. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drex said:

Oh come on, McCasland is doing a good job without selling his soul.

I do think about this too. How much does this have to do with him (possibly/likely?) doing things in recruiting ethically and by the letter of the law? I’ll take conference titles and NCAA tournament noise with no violations over sanctions.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1