Best North Texas Basketball Game You Have Ever Attended?

UNTLifer

15 hours ago, UNT86 said:

First two that come to mind were beating NE Louisiana to get into the NCAA in 1987 and beating Purdue last year.  Lots of good times to choose from.  Beating WK last year when all the NCAA promos had them pictured and the announcers were all over how good Bassey was... except that he wasn't. 

Also the CBI win over San Francisco.  Loudest I've heard the place was when Smart started a 1 on 3 fast break our first possession, pulled up, and drained a 3.

I wish we would’ve had that Smart the last 2 years of him being here. Dude was unstoppable, mainly in the tournament. Pulling up from almost anywhere and nailing it.

The first 3 minutes of that game were so loud, everyone standing. I remember the last 8 minutes or so of the game, they encouraged everyone to stand the rest of the game, and I would say 90% did.

Hoping that comes back one day…

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 1

My mind wanders back to 1969...we played Drake in the old pit and Drake was nationally ranked.  I got there early and the place was already filling up.  What I remember most is the fact that when Drake came out for warm up shots, etc. the entire crowd stood up and booed them mercilessly.  We beat Drake that night.  Of course, the night would also feature ice being thrown on the floor after a bad call by the referees.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Gotta be the Oklahoma state game. Never had that environment since… even for the CBI games. 

The Texas Tech game three years later was better than the Oklahoma State game.  More fans and more North Texas fans.  The OSU game was split about 67% to 33% us versus them.  The Tech game was more like 80-20.

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2022 at 9:47 AM, drex said:

My mind wanders back to 1969...we played Drake in the old pit and Drake was nationally ranked.  I got there early and the place was already filling up.  What I remember most is the fact that when Drake came out for warm up shots, etc. the entire crowd stood up and booed them mercilessly.  We beat Drake that night.  Of course, the night would also feature ice being thrown on the floor after a bad call by the referees.

My roommate from New Jersey took me and his friends and we all sat under the basket and had fun using our feet when it wasn't a NTSU player but caught our guys. Great experience.

Wichita state game in Feb (Televised) it was so hot in there that the coach after the game said that was why they lost. I think they were ranked at the time too. Fun Times. Ton of good memories. You even had to go early to get good seats.

Sat, Feb 9, 1991 REG   Sam Houston State Southland W 83 80   14 10 W 3 Super Pit

Cedric Carson's half court buzzer beater in OT to beat Same Houston State.  NTTV's Bron Beal declared on the broadcast "It was PARANOIA at the Super Pit!" after Carson hit the shot and students rushed the court.  I'm pretty sure he meant pandemonium.   Man, I wish I still had the video of that game.

The CBI Tournament Finals was also memorable - GREATEST ATMOSPHERE EVER AT THE SUPER PIT!

UTA games at Super Pit were also great as UTA would bring a lot of fans.

Tech and Texas games were great as well.