Best North Texas Basketball Game You Have Ever Attended?

UNTLifer

Just curious as to what everyone responds with.  I loved going to games at the old Pit, but I was so young that I just remember that atmosphere being awesome regardless of who we played.  My favorite that I remember was the game against #1 ranked, Mark Aquire led DePaul at the Super Pit in December of 1980.  They beat us 92 - 86 and couple days after beating UT by 18.

I was lucky enough to be at the Purdue game that is a no doubter! Home games, I'd say the DePaul game because of how high they were ranked and just the back and forth nature of the game. A runner up would be the win over Texas at the Super Pit on the half court buzzer beater by Pat Hicks!

• Upvote 7

Western Kentucky for the CUSA championship was one of the best sporting events I’ve ever been to, minus the 2010 Rangers ALCS win.

The craziest, heart stopping, incredible basketball game I’ve ever witnessed. I unfortunately missed the Purdue game, but went to the Nova game on that Sunday and it was unreal. It was sad to lose, but if we could get back to the tournament again but with fans, that would be even better.

Also that CBI win was pretty awesome against USF.

And yeah I know mine are more recent haha

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

UNT v Texas Tech (2010) at the Super Pit. Watched Josh White put a 30 piece on the Red Raiders then stormed the court. Absolutely incredible. 

This is mine too, but I also loved the OSU win in 07. Stormed the court on both. 07 was my freshman year and 2010 my senior year. Great way to cap off my time at NT. The WKU game in 2020 right before covid was pretty special as well and so was the CBI finals vs USF

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Just curious as to what everyone responds with.  I loved going to games at the old Pit, but I was so young that I just remember that atmosphere being awesome regardless of who we played.  My favorite that I remember was the game against #1 ranked, Mark Aquire led DePaul at the Super Pit in December of 1980.  They beat us 92 - 86 and couple days after beating UT by 18.

Saw that game, still remember Kenneth Lyons elbow to Mark Aguirre that nearly started a riot. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

UNT v Texas Tech (2010) at the Super Pit. Watched Josh White put a 30 piece on the Red Raiders then stormed the court. Absolutely incredible. 

That was the loudest I've ever heard the Pit get for us, when Josh hit a clinching 3-pointer in OT to beat Tech

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Cooke County Kid said:

January of 1977 versus SMU. We won 102 or so to 99. I think it was triple overtime. It was an SRO crowd maybe the biggest ever. The place was rocking. I was sitting in the aisle at the top of the super pit. 

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!

That game and the UT/Pat Hicks game were also a blast.  My buddies and I would pester our parents to get there early so we could sit in the single seats by the player portals.  We always sat just across the portal from the band until we discovered girls, then we moved to the upper deck thinking we couldn't be seen by our parents.  How dumb were we?

• Upvote 1

First two that come to mind were beating NE Louisiana to get into the NCAA in 1987 and beating Purdue last year.  Lots of good times to choose from.  Beating WK last year when all the NCAA promos had them pictured and the announcers were all over how good Bassey was... except that he wasn't. 

Also the CBI win over San Francisco.  Loudest I've heard the place was when Smart started a 1 on 3 fast break our first possession, pulled up, and drained a 3.

Edited by UNT86
typo
  • Upvote 3

This is actually really tough to pick and a lot of these could be interchangeable:

1) Western Kentucky (CUSA Tournament 2021)

2) Sam Francisco (2018)

3) Troy (SBC Tournament - 2010)

4) Western Kentucky (CUSA Pool Play - 2020)

5) Texas Tech (2010)

6) Oklahoma State (2007)

7) Kansas State (NCAA - 2007)

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1