WBB vs MTSU

Admittedly, I don't pay a ton of attention to women's b-ball, but to trash Jalie because of this loss is ignorant.   Even I know about MT.

Just go look at MT's schedule so far.    They do this to everyone.   In C-USA play so far, they're 3-1, beating 3 teams (including us) by over 20pts, and dropping a head-scratcher to UTEP.   In non-conference, they have wins over Illinois & Vanderbilt, and a 1pt loss in OT to Marquette.   MT WBB have been the best C-USA WBB program ever since they joined with us back in 2013. 

Willing to look past this one.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Admittedly, I don't pay a ton of attention to women's b-ball, but to trash Jalie because of this loss is ignorant.   Even I know about MT.

Just go look at MT's schedule so far.    They do this to everyone.   In C-USA play so far, they're 3-1, beating 3 teams (including us) by over 20pts, and dropping a head-scratcher to UTEP.   In non-conference, they have wins over Illinois & Vanderbilt, and a 1pt loss in OT to Marquette.   MT WBB have been the best C-USA WBB program ever since they joined with us back in 2013. 

I'm not trashing Jalie!  Just look at her body of work as a coach here.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

25 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Sorry I am not willing to accept 30 point losses after being told on this platform that this is one of JM’s better teams. We are a .500 team that has also given away 2 home losses to inferior opponents. This is what mounts most of my frustration. I do acknowledge that MT is a top tier program but they were picked 2nd and us 3rd. Shouldn’t be that much of gap, especially with the upper class we have.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Necessary Roughness said:

Sorry I am not willing to accept 30 point losses after being told on this platform that this is one of JM’s better teams. We are a .500 team that has also given away 2 home losses to inferior opponents. This is what mounts most of my frustration. I do acknowledge that MT is a top tier program but they were picked 2nd and us 3rd. Shouldn’t be that much of gap, especially with the upper class we have.

Were you at the game?   Were we missing any players?   I really don't know anything about what happened during the game to comment.   I just know the overall big picture when it comes to both teams.   Jalie has had some pretty rough seasons with injuries & player defections.   Hoping this season unfolds for her kinda like McCasland's have over the past few seasons... where the team gets better as the schedule goes along.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Were you at the game?   Were we missing any players?   I really don't know anything about what happened during the game to comment.   I just know the overall big picture when it comes to both teams.   Jalie has had some pretty rough seasons with injuries & player defections.   Hoping this season unfolds for her kinda like McCasland's have over the past few seasons... where the team gets better as the schedule goes along.

her teams have gotten worse as season goes on, tired of excuse making or Jalie, love we have an alum here, but look at team last year, was a on a roll, she got a nice extension (warranted or not) then floundered down the stretch and lost 1st round of Conference. We all should expect better from all sports. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I saw the game. Full roster. We have several kids that transferred here and only lost one to the portal last year. I do agree with you that McCasland’s team normally progress as the season moves forward but this one has digressed. The lack of fundamentals seem to be the most glaring part. 

• Sad 1

Somebody mentioned a lack of chemistry after a recent game and I mentioned this was a result of coaching and it upset folks.  Look, I want Mitchell to succeed her more than anyone and love that an alum is leading the program, but my goodness it is the same year after year with what appears to be much better talent.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Somebody mentioned a lack of chemistry after a recent game and I mentioned this was a result of coaching and it upset folks.  Look, I want Mitchell to succeed her more than anyone and love that an alum is leading the program, but my goodness it is the same year after year with what appears to be much better talent.

The Office Reaction GIF

NT made I believe a bad mistake in extending her contract.   i particularly didn't like linking it with McCasland new deal.  There is little comparison between the two records.

This should have been her make it or break it year, instead NT has no viable options but keep her as HC for years; no matter what the results are..