NDSU vs. Montana State

Big Z

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t disagree with the last portion of your post.  I just have a hard time as someone who loves North Texas (and has the mental scars to show for it) watching our most ardent fans perpetually engage in a “we suck, we’ve always sucked, we’ll always suck” echo chamber…especially when comparing a perennial (meaning year after year after year) national champion contender to ourselves in terms of following.  

To be fair The members you are conversing with did not start this thread.  The original post is ridiculous as you eloquently pointed out in the comment I quoted (starting with especially when).  I am of the opinion that any topics that feature complaints about lack of attendance be suppressed from being posted before a division title is earned again. 🤷🏽‍♂️  I think it’s kind of ridiculous when you have to state that people generally don’t like mediocre.

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Or, and just thinking out loud here, maybe half our dedicated fans know that voicing concerns to those that can make a change is FAR more effective than rehashing the same complaints ad nauseam on a message board

I respect you Emmitt. But Really? 😉 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Downvote 1

I watched about half of the game before turning it off to go run errands.  I knew that it wasn't going to be very competitive and/or exciting because at the time that I turned it off the NDSU fullback (a real throwback to the 60-70's running backs of the B-10) was running almost untouched for a 20+ touchdown. 

But as I watched the first three touchdowns being scored, it reminded me of why, on national signing day for the last 10+ years yours truely always asked the Clara Pellar question "WHERE'S THE BEEF?". North Dakota, unlike North Texas, knows how to build a winning team........from the line up.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Nobody likes mediocre.  The fans/alumni who show up have a higher level of dedication than your average fan base.  The UTSA game at Apogee didn’t have 16,500 people actually there because I was there and saw it first hand.   That was an undefeated opponent rival and most likely the last time we would get to see the 2021 Mean Green team locally.  The Frisco Classic was created to make sure all qualifying FBS teams had a bowl to go to.  Sorry reality bites and they lived up to the historical reputation that has most local college football fans completely uninterested in Mean Green Football.  And the leadership co-signs the last 3 losing seasons as acceptable by letting Seth coach year 7.   

Yes it is very much illogical.  I will give you an analogy.  We live in barbecue country.  There are 1 million people locally that love barbecue, probably more.  But if you open up a barbecue restaurant with crappy service, mediocre barbecue and expect people to show up you’re illogical.  And I don’t care if you’re in downtown, Dallas Frisco, Deep Ellum, The Stockyards or right next Cowboys Stadium.

I love your analogy. So what you’re saying is that the barbecue they’re serving over at the Super Pit for the last several years really sucks. 

23 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Not a legitimate argument.  There was no traveling for us. No cost. It was a game closer to many fans than a game in Denton. We have hundreds of thousands of alumni and 40,000 students. Here. NDSU is a 14 hour drive away. 

My grandson and I had lunch at Kenny's on Legacy today and talked to an older couple from NDSU. They had no tickets but drove from Bismark for the pep rally and before and after game events. I said to myself that they really need to get a life. Then I remember that while living in St. Louis 1968 to 1970 one year my wife and I drove to Lebanon Missouri and rented a motel room to watch North Texas play Tulsa on television in black and white, a distance of about 175 miles one way. We lost the game. She divorced me. I considered that a win.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1