MTSU (1/8/22)

Big Z

Just now, BigWillie said:

I think he is in the doghouse. We only see him in garbage time, but we need all the help we can get right now. Maybe this is his chance to get out of trouble.

That’s what I am thinking, but a 7 man rotation with only one legit big is going to have issues in conference. He needs to figure it out and show Mac why he should play soon. We need him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I doubt he plays much in the last 10 minutes. Not his kind of matchup

Then who we going to play in the post? Bell who picking up fouls and keeps backing people down and turning it over in the post… Scott who is technically out of position at the 5 though it seems Mac and company and working him into a 4 which I am fine with. Assuming next year and and Morgan run the post. If Abou isn’t a matchup for number 2 who constantly travels and can’t dribble and is a push over then idk what to tell you…. Not a good matchup…he is just really angry with Mac pulling him earlier and taking it out…. 🧐

Edited by Andrew
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BigWillie said:

This officiating is horrible. Most of the bad calls are coming from the lady ref.

My favorite part of the night was Mac going to her and when she tried to explain her reasoning he gave her the good old thumbs up said oh ok… and then winked and walked away 🤣

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Then who we going to play in the post? Bell who picking up fouls and keeps backing people down and turning it over in the post… Scott who is technically out of position at the 5 though it seems Mac and company and working him into a 4 which I am fine with. Assuming next year and and Morgan run the post. If Abou isn’t a matchup for number 2 who constantly travels and can’t dribble and is a push over then idk what to tell you…. Not a good matchup…he is just really angry with Mac pulling him earlier and taking it out…. 🧐

It will be a heavy dose of Bell and Scott to close. Some Abou minutes but I doubt he will be in the closing lineup today

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

It will be a heavy dose of Bell and Scott to close. Some Abou minutes but I doubt he will be in the closing lineup today

I’m 50/50. He will/should stay on 2. Can’t see the other guys number he was doing well against earlier. His issue was foul trouble then his attitude. He will get some minutes at the end but may not close out. 

25 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Well to that point Abou played around 7 minutes before being pulled with 3:36 left. You are correct assuming nobody fouls out we won’t probably seeing him, but I would say over half the minutes is more than some. I like Abou. He has greatly improved and slimmed up to be able to stretch on defense much more than he could last year. 

I can see with 2 mins left he is a liability if they press and or start fouling so I was sure within the 2 min time we run this. Middle pressing hard. 

Edited by Andrew

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

I will agree. Same amount of fans this year as the last two even after than run. Only CBI really kicked up attendance… AD needs to figure it out and get the student section back and enforce the tickets/where people sit. 

Students don’t start class until the following week 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Students don’t start class until the following week 

Yeah but they haven’t shown up in great numbers this far this year or last. Even the prior year it was so-so. Nothing like when my friends were in college and went to a game and had to sit all the way up in the upper bowl sections near the top (when they truly enforced the seating). Could get 2k students pretty easy. We need those numbers back. 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

We must be watching a different game. Abou I feel has played well, just had some bad hoop luck!

I was referring to when he was going at it with Mac because he was pulled with 2 early fouls and then started jawing with one of the MTSU players later over a foul. He was clearly frustrated, but he did fine and had a few good boards in the last few minutes he was in. 

• Downvote 2