DRC: 5 burning offseason questions for North Texas

Brett Vito

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I am going out on a limb, but I think Ruder steps up and takes control of the position and has an all-conference year in 2022.

Based on...? I meant I would like that too. But every shred of evidence says it ain't happening. We know our known quantities, so the news guys are really our shot at something different.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Based on...? I meant I would like that too. But every shred of evidence says it ain't happening. We know our known quantities, so the news guys are really our shot at something different.

Based on how he looked late in the year when he subbed in for Aune, being in the program for a year and not being rushed in to the position.  Again, I said I was going out on a limb.  It is just a hunch at this point. 

I could be right and look like Rain Man in eight months or I could carry on as normal as noted below.

Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

Once again, we head into a new season with a huge question mark at QB because we didn't see anyone off the bench when Aune was stinking it up as well. A complete mystery. I think that contributes to our slow start to the season.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

38 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I think until Seth hires a QB coach it's a gamble to make any predictions on the QB play

This. We can bring in 20 QB's, but it won't mean a damn thing if we don't have a position coach developing these guys into better players. Reps only do so much if you're not being taught the right reads

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

This. We can bring in 20 QB's, but it won't mean a damn thing if we don't have a position coach developing these guys into better players. Reps only do so much if you're not being taught the right reads

I think QB coaches can help but they also aren’t the be all end all either.  I mean Cincy had Gino Gudigli as theirs and he is not anything special.

Edited by Tom McKrackin
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So every QB coach that Alabama has played and whipped up on is "not anything special"?  

Yep, that Lincoln Riley is pretty terrible too. Only has 2 Heisman winners and 3 NFL starting quarterbacks on his resume but Bama kicked his ass so he is, as my kids say, dogwater.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Based on how they got their ass handed to them in the Bama game?

I gotta disagree there. Bama isn't exactly a cakewalk for even then best of teams (see Georgia vs Alabama part one). Cinci held up pretty well to the pinnacle of CFB. There is a reason Alabama leads the 21st century in CFB championships

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I think QB coaches can help but they also aren’t the be all end all either.  I mean Cincy had Gino Gudigli as theirs and he is not anything special.

Didnt we rattle him pretty good in a New Orleans Bowl?

• Haha 1