Long Island University Football

Danish43

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIU_Sharks:

The LIU Sharks are the athletics teams representing Long Island University's (LIU) campuses in Brooklyn and Brookville, New York.[2] The Sharks compete in NCAA Division I athletics[3] and are members of the Northeast Conference.[4] The LIU Sharks are the result of the July 1, 2019 unification of the athletic departments which had previously represented two separate campuses of LIU, the NCAA Division I LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds and the NCAA Division II LIU Post Pioneers

The Brookville campus apparently was originally CW Post University.

I guess they're filling a void created by Hofstra dropping football after 2009, who was somewhat of a power in I-AA.

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Why does anyone here care about this hire? I'm trying to figure out why this matters at all?

It doesn't matter to NT at all.  Yes, it should be moved to The Eagles Nest.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

22 hours ago, Stix said:

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIU_Sharks:

The LIU Sharks are the athletics teams representing Long Island University's (LIU) campuses in Brooklyn and Brookville, New York.[2] The Sharks compete in NCAA Division I athletics[3] and are members of the Northeast Conference.[4] The LIU Sharks are the result of the July 1, 2019 unification of the athletic departments which had previously represented two separate campuses of LIU, the NCAA Division I LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds and the NCAA Division II LIU Post Pioneers

The Brookville campus apparently was originally CW Post University.

I guess they're filling a void created by Hofstra dropping football after 2009, who was somewhat of a power in I-AA.

They're the Sharks? 

This sounds like a fun project team if they include them on NCAA 23. 

Plus the Sharks. The NCAA needs more sharks and another cool name. I could work in some LIU Shark gear into my offseason. Heck the Chanticleers need some competition for cool fad honors.

GMG

• Haha 1