Outrageous early prediction

casual fan

1 hour ago, casual fan said:

Kansas hired Lance Leipold after he went 37-33 at Buffalo. He went 2-10 this year. 

Indiana hired Tom Allen who was the DC at S. Florida and 0-0 as a head coach.  He went 2-10 this year.

Geogia Tech hire Geoff Collins after he went 15-10 at Temple.  He went 3-9 this year and 9-25 overall.

There are a dozen similar stories with P5 schools.  There will be schools looking for HCs.

If Littrell has a 9 or 10 win season and a record of 47-42 he will get looks.

I’m not talking about looks. I’m talking about them actually pulling the trigger. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Our biggest games will be SMU (home), UAB & UTSA (road). I see 8-9 wins if we have good QB play.

Excited to travel to Memphis, Vegas, Birmingham, San Antonio and maybe even El Paso since it’s the last time we will play UTEP.

Anyone considering going to Birmingham….you won’t regret it. Great city. Lots to do in the area where the new stadium is located. Good food. Beautiful area. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

22 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

With the weak schedule 7-8 should be a minimum.  People will overlook how weak the schedule is and think Seth has turned it around. We will head to the AAC and get drilled.

I predict another 6-6 season 7-5 wouldn’t be surprising.   Anything over 7 wins would shock me but 4 wins wouldn’t. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Seth as HC and Aune the starting QB? 

5 hours ago, outoftown said:

This team could indeed be high on the wins with good QB play. That however is also the problem. I still see no more indication that QB play will be good than when NT was 1-6 this season.

If Seth Littrell wants to survive the full 2022 season, he will need a quarterback that makes fewer mistakes than Aune did this season. Fewer penalties and turnovers will help the offense tremendously. The defense just needs to play clean and not make bad mistakes like Faulkner’s PI in the bowl game. If we get those 2 things, we win 9 games and probably win the division.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

18 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Anyone considering going to Birmingham….you won’t regret it. Great city. Lots to do in the area where the new stadium is located. Good food. Beautiful area. 

And the new stadium is a major factor. I’m really excited 

• Upvote 2

If SL has a "good season" next year will WB extend his contract?   WB said he does not look at games in a season and with seven years of results in the book I think he will need to make a hard decision on SL.  He has to look at the new conference and that we will be stepping up to a lot stronger competition.  SL has shown he can beat weak teams but teams with winning records are challenge for him.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, southsideguy said:

If SL has a "good season" next year will WB extend his contract?   WB said he does not look at games in a season and with seven years of results in the book I think he will need to make a hard decision on SL.  He have to look that we will be stepping up to a lot stronger competition.  SL has shown he can beat weak teams but teams with winning records are challenge for him.

WB made a huge gaffe in giving SL the previous extension.  Lets hope Wren has learned from his mistake and gives the sub .500 coach a pink slip instead!

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

On 1/2/2022 at 4:03 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

I think we need to consider the possibility that UAB will be in the East next season.  The Sun Belt is voting on the 26th to allow Marshall, ODU, JMU, and Southern Miss early admission. I think it's highly likely that UAB will have to slide over for the 2022 season. They may still very well be a crossover game for us but probably not a division game.

Edit: Or maybe we won't even have divisions

Edited by Magic95Fan
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, NT80 said:

WB made a huge gaffe in giving SL the previous extension.  Lets hope Wren has learned from his mistake and gives the sub .500 coach a pink slip instead!

If SL wins 7+ games next year, he will get the extension--there is no doubt here. Wren and Smatresk aren't gonna piss off the Lovelace money by making a change unless we have a losing season. And when you look at the schedule for next year, especially with Marshall now most likely being gone, winning 7 games against that collection of teams will not be hard, even with Aune at QB. Its the easiest schedule we have ever had as a FBS/D-1A program. 

FCS Spare, UNLV, La Tech, UTEP, Rice, UTSA, FIU, and whoever else we play from the East are all winnable games. Hell, even SMU with a brand new coach and playing up here is not impossible.

We will go 7-5 in the regular season, at a minimum. 

And SL will get a 3 or 4 year extension.

• Sad 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

...Wren and Smatresk aren't gonna piss off the Lovelace money by making a change unless we have a losing season.

And when you look at the schedule for next year...Its the easiest schedule we have ever had as a FBS/D-1A program. 

We just had a losing season.

Is that where we set the bar now?...easiest schedules we can find because we have a lame coach?   

The AAC will be a step up = more difficult schedules.  We need a more capable coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, NT80 said:

We just had a losing season.

Is that where we set the bar now?...easiest schedules we can find because we have a lame coach?   

The AAC will be a step up = more difficult schedules.  We need a more capable coach.

Youve been a fan here a long time--we just kept a coach because he won more than 4 games. Not one person in leadership cared about losing a bowl game or having a losing season. All that they cared about was not paying almost $3 million dollars to buyout their mistake, when Jimmy Sexton bent WB and NS over a barrel for SL's extension.

And when SL wins 7+ games against the easiest schedule we have ever had, the extension he will get will be several years. Just in time to go into the AAC, which will be much more difficult than anything we have ever faced in a conference. It's just typical UNT luck to find ourselves stuck in this position.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Just because some of our fans choose to be more patient doesn't make them any less important than those who do.

Fan patience is really not a factor.  Fans don't have a choice one way or another about coaches.  We can rant on a message board or in a letter about our preference, but only control our attendance and giving.  The decisions about hiring/extending/firing are beyond fan's control including when, why, and how (unless maybe you are a big donor at NT?).  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1